Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling Gbamin for anything under £10m would lead to an accounting loss on him, so think the most likely outcome with him is that we see him out on loan until his contract expires or at least until next summer when we can afford to accept £5m for him.

We aren't really in a position where we can afford to accept accounting losses on players at the moment
£10mil accounting loss may be correct...then remove the future £50k weekly wages over 2 years and its a £4.8mil loss.

So the £5mil transfer fee could cover it.

£10mil accounting loss may be correct...then remove the future £50k weekly wages over 2 years and its a £4.8mil loss.

So the £5mil transfer fee could cover it.
I'm assuming they wrote down his (and many others) value last season and booked it against COVID... I believe that was the strategy

Selling Gbamin for anything under £10m would lead to an accounting loss on him, so think the most likely outcome with him is that we see him out on loan until his contract expires or at least until next summer when we can afford to accept £5m for him.

We aren't really in a position where we can afford to accept accounting losses on players at the moment
I also expect he joins us for a full pre season.

You never know. A few months away from the EFC Medical Department led by Dr. Frankenstien might have done wonders for his fitness.

Apparently Bologna DOF Riccardo Bigon is meeting with Everton officials (Thelwell?) to discuss

All round midfielder, 6'1 box to box. One year on his deal so maybe around £15mil for him.

Shades of Soucek at West Ham.
Never heard of him. Is he one of the kids on your radar Zat? Not heard you mention him before.

Never heard of him. Is he one of the kids on your radar Zat? Not heard you mention him before.

Hes been linked for the past two summers.

Not the player to be 'outstanding' at one thing or someone who 'looks like theyre potentially going to be top class' that I try to pick out.

He's a 23 year old 6'1 player whose similar to Soucek but obviously a couple of inches smaller.

The thing with him is that he may well be underrated and as an all rounder, if he can improve his game from being 'above average' * at everything to being very good at everything then we would have a serious player.

He only turned 23 recently so alot of time to develop further.

*Im probably being a little unkind calling him 'above average' at everything.

Hes been linked for the past two summers.

Not the player to be 'outstanding' at one thing or someone who 'looks like theyre potentially going to be top class' that I try to pick out.

He's a 23 year old 6'1 player whose similar to Soucek but obviously a couple of inches smaller.

The thing with him is that he may well be underrated and as an all rounder, if he can improve his game from being 'above average' * at everything to being very good at everything then we would have a serious player.

He only turned 23 recently so alot of time to develop further.

*Im probably being a little unkind calling him 'above average' at everything.
23 is the right age to buy. £15m is ok if we can sell Kean now. Another body in cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back