Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to Sky, there are three Prem clubs interested:

Three PL clubs would meet Jackson's release clause​

Three Premier League clubs are prepared to meet the €33m release clause in Villarreal forward Nicolas Jackson's contract.
Jackson scored in his first start for Villarreal in Saturday's 3-0 win at Valladolid.
He has represented Senegal at U20 level.

I understand that but we haven't done it at all and it often creates panic
Nah I don't agree, we did it under Carlo with James and Digne just pinging balls to DCL all the time. It worked for the first few months and then teams sussed us out and DCL hardly scored post crimbo. Most CB are guys who are 6ft+ and are decent in the air, most PL backlines are reasonably well organised and are not bothered about crosses coming in imo.

Three Premier League clubs are prepared to meet the €33m release clause in Villarreal forward Nicolas Jackson's contract.
Jackson scored in his first start for Villarreal in Saturday's 3-0 win at Valladolid.
This is just getting silly, he may well have that release clause but Spanish release clauses are almost always irrelevant as they are a necessary part of the contract and always set at a ridiculous level. No one is surely prepared to meet that clause for a guy who’s done almost nothing in football. Lazy reporting.

Silly comment to say the least, manager got it wrong yesterday by not playing a striker or Dele, at least then Gray and McNeill would have someone to aim at
Woeful options. Absolutely ridiculous these are the decisions the manager is being left to make.

Alli was rubbish against Chelsea so hardly deserved a start. I doubt Rondon had more than a half in his legs in 33 degree heat

He plays about 10 games for his current club. Surely not a solution.

Laughable that everyone is pinning their hopes on a forward to get us out of serious trouble, we need goals to come from throughout the squad as much as anything. We arent shopping at the level where we are going to get anything more than an 8 goal a season striker.
I agree we need more from goals generally and from midfield it may be why we are looking at Gallagher on loan? Having a striker that provides a focal point does help a lot tbf it takes attention and brings the others into play.

Woeful options. Absolutely ridiculous these are the decisions the manager is being left to make.

Alli was rubbish against Chelsea so hardly deserved a start. I doubt Rondon had more than a half in his legs in 33 degree heat
Agree woeful options but opted for Gordon who was just as woeful as he was playing against Chelsea.

We looked better when Rondon came on, should have gone Dele for an hour and then Rondon not Gordon

Hopefully we use this week better than last week transfer wise!

Status
Not open for further replies.