Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughable that everyone is pinning their hopes on a forward to get us out of serious trouble, we need goals to come from throughout the squad as much as anything. We arent shopping at the level where we are going to get anything more than an 8 goal a season striker.
After the Onana transfer, I genuinely have no idea what market were shopping in.

I wouldn’t be surprised if another big money player arrived though.

Laughable that everyone is pinning their hopes on a forward to get us out of serious trouble, we need goals to come from throughout the squad as much as anything. We arent shopping at the level where we are going to get anything more than an 8 goal a season striker.
For me it’s more about getting a striker that gets us higher up the pitch. Gordon and Gray both had shots yesterday that on another day could have gone in so I think goals will come with better possession higher up the pitch. I don’t ever want to see Gordon as CF again though..

2 new fowards would hopefully bring 14-16 goals combined. Then hopefully DCL to chip in with a few.

Either way the others have to step up as well.

Gordon, McNeill, Iwobi have to be getting 3 or 4 each and we have to be exploiting set pieces with Onanas height and if we sign Guirassy.

I think we will still do alright and just have to trust they'll get the further additions. Frank speaks honestly and he seemed confident about that yesterday.

2 new fowards would hopefully bring 14-16 goals combined. Then hopefully DCL to chip in with a few.

Gordon, McNeill, Iwobi have to be getting 3 or 4 each and we have to be exploiting set pieces with Onanas height and if we sign Guirassy.

I think we will still do alright and just have to trust they'll get the further additions. Frank speaks honestly and he seemed confident about that yesterday.

Iwobi definitely has the ability to bag 5/6 goals a season, it's whether he has that desire to take risks and run beyond the forwards (like he did against Newcastle)

If a £40m bid did materialise for Gordon we would need to consider it to reinvest on a more productive player

Please save a decent amount for me, mate. I like Gordon, but he has not performed at all the past two games.
A lot of expected of Gordon. He became a fixture in the side last season for his workrate and attitude. He didn’t contribute the goals or assists last season, so is it any surprise he’s not slotting as a CF. Get him back on the left ASAP.

Nah I don't agree, we did it under Carlo with James and Digne just pinging balls to DCL all the time. It worked for the first few months and then teams sussed us out and DCL hardly scored post crimbo. Most CB are guys who are 6ft+ and are decent in the air, most PL backlines are reasonably well organised and are not bothered about crosses coming in imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.