Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughable that everyone is pinning their hopes on a forward to get us out of serious trouble, we need goals to come from throughout the squad as much as anything. We arent shopping at the level where we are going to get anything more than an 8 goal a season striker.

I think it's more if we have a capable forward, the likes of Gordon, Dele and Gray will have a better chance to grab goals themselves as it's as much them needing someone to play off as it is them need to put balls in the box for a hypothetical striker.

You seen the state of some other clubs. 2 games in is hardly time to judge the strategy however you might perceive it. You can't legislate for DCL injury. I firmly believe we have 6pts right now with him in the side.
We needed another striker months ago on top of DCL, not only in case he got injured again which was indeed an obvious risk but because you cannot go into a new season with just 1 striker and you cannot count Rondon as he is nowhere near good enough and would not even be a 3rd choice in any other PL club. They have known the situation since last season and did nothing about it.

To start this season without giving the Manager the tools he needs after almost being relegated last season is gross mismanagement and everyone of them should be sacked.

Lukaku was never replaced. The complete lack of appetite from the club to do so this window again will keep us mired in the bottom 6.
Lukaku was the best striker we’ve had in 30 odd years. Not easy to find another striker of his quality, particularly given the state of the club now compared to where it was when he joined. Although I do agree we need to bring in a quality forward if possible.

They didnt buy a great center forward but they got a world class midfielder plus some decent defenders, and a manager ( not a zero like Lampard or Rooney) with a very decent track record.
I think we’re cursed never mind the doe we’ve spent and somehow managed to go worse even the managers all different types and none seem to work

I don’t think the panic is due to losing 2 games. Only 6 points off the league leaders.

People are rightly jittery because they can see the squad, and already predict next weeks lineup. We have a number of decent players that are nailed on starters in diabolical form and have been all through pre season too. Gray, Doucoure?

We have spent summer saying last year’s injury situation was crazy and won’t ever happen again. So far it’s worse. We are perilously close to having Keane, Tom and Gomes on the pitch and we’ve played just 2 matches and made loads of signings.

All of that is still very pessimistic and could be over in 2 weeks. If we’d sneaked a draw it would be different. But next match is now must win. Not because we are down if we dont get those 3 points. Obviously not. It’s what another loss will do to this fragile club. We could be the only team on zero points after playing Forest at home. Confidence will drop like last year, the pressure ramps up. Players WhatsApping each other about who they blame. The media will give Frank 3 games to save his job, and one of those we could get battered in.

Plus if I was the agent of some future superstar in the French league, I’m not sending him to a team rock bottom with zero confidence after 5 matches.

One scabby win this weekend and 2 signings and all is fine. Another loss and no striker and we are knackered. Not due to points, but due to pressure, form, attractiveness to new recruits etc. Fine margins. FSW kept saying it will be better in a few weeks……like everything else he said it was bollox

Status
Not open for further replies.