Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be real, £40m for Gordon is pretty ridiculous. BUT, with Chelsea paying well over the odds for Cucurella and bidding for pretty much everyone, we should negotiate a player / more money

Any truth to the reports that Chelsea have, in fact, put in a £40m bid today? That seems difficult to resist when you need to strengthen attack and the current transfer options are mostly unproven or can’t find time at their current clubs.
It's a very strong rumour so there's obviously something to it. For me we'd have taken 40 four weeks ago, but with the season underway there has to be a late tax to make us lose a key player at this point. 50 or jog on.

Reactions: den
Oh it’s thick alright. Why to clubs of such a high caliber want him, they see it and a lot of this clubs own fans don’t. 40-50 mill, they can keep it, so so short sighted. Every player has a price, Anthony unless we progress will outgrow this club, but be for more then 40-50 million.

If the bid is true, Chelsea like Spurs before them, smell blood in the water, either for finance or know we have a limited scope budget - I suspect the latter, as i imagine we’ve been in dialogue with them around deals an€ they have a strong sense of our limits - this has probably come up as a result.

Id like to think the club isn’t this thick and realise they already have the golden egg mate.
The high-end clubs want him because he ticks the boxes of 'young potential' and 'homegrown', so that will always add a premium. They'll largely overlook his many flaws for this reason, because they believe their elite level coaching can improve them.

The lad is 21 years old and has 4 goals and 3 assists in 51 Prem appearances, he's not exactly a young Ronaldo or Messi or Rooney and is very far from being a "golden egg" IMO (Richy can't even get a start at Spurs, so I doubt AG is winning the Ballon D'Or at Chelsea anytime soon).

If anyone wants to pay +£40m for that, I'd accept, wish him well, send him on his way and reinvest a couple of quality additions in the team.

It's a very strong rumour so there's obviously something to it. For me we'd have taken 40 four weeks ago, but with the season underway there has to be a late tax to make us lose a key player at this point. 50 or jog on.

Depends what we can do with it at this stage. If they will throw in Broja as a loan without obligation and the the £40m can be invested in a quality wide forward it might be worth it. Although Broja is not a great target man

If 60m comes in I'm selling. Getting a loan on Broja, get Gallagher and Terrier. Yes he has loads of potential but we need assists and goals now.

The high-end clubs want him because he ticks the boxes of 'young potential' and 'homegrown', so that will always add a premium. They'll largely overlook his many flaws for this reason, because they believe their elite level coaching can improve them.

The lad is 21 years old and has 4 goals and 4 assists in 60 career appearances, he's not exactly a young Ronaldo or Messi or Rooney and is very far from being a "golden egg" IMO (Richy can't even get a start at Spurs, so I doubt AG is winning the Ballon D'Or at Chelsea anytime soon).

If anyone wants to pay +£40m for that, I'd accept, wish him well, send him on his way and reinvest a couple of quality additions in the team.

That logic just comes from confirmation bias mate, there is a liteany of cheaper homegrown 18/19 years old you can be signing for less then half of 100 mill - that premise is just illogical, not to mention Chelsea have almost two -3 full teams of full homegrown players out on loan - of all the teams in the world that could apply to Chelsea are the last. Why not go for like Nathan Broadhead for example.

So if we’re going of stats given Brojas, you would be against signing him. It’s like I said if we were signing someones of Gordon profile we would be saying “huge potential” because we produced him for some reason “no end product”. Look I’m going to be honest, I don’t know how anyone can watch him and not think he’s is going to be absolute quality - I honestly can’t, just can’t my head around it, it’s not even subtle, he tick so many boxes and he’s only beginning.

But look everyone has opinions,but we won’t agree on Gordon.

My take is, if we sell Gordon we may as well just pack up, because your building nothing and going no where - I don’t think we will because it would be turbo thick and while I think we are prone to stupidity, I don’t think we’ve hit turbo thick levels (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.