Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. But I don't blame him for the situation right now TBH. It's on the Board and their years of woeful mismanagement, rather than someone who was appointed a few months ago and walked into an absolute mess.

Also there is not really any evidence that the lack of a striker is down to him. For all we know he could have identified 100 targets and the manager is holding out for one who is not yet available.

…I certainly don’t blame him for the mess we’re in, Onana & Tarkowski look particularly sound purchases but him & Lampard have been here long enough to have a striker on our books the manager is happy to use.

I don't see Watkins being allowed to sign for us tbh although he would be perfect to share the role with DCL, he is a busy little player who unsettles defenders. Moffi would be great if it came off, looks really promising.
Why wouldn’t he be allowed?

If we paid enough, we could get it done. (We sent Digne their way after he had conflict with our manager, seems no reason to think they wouldn’t do the same).

Much closer last season to be fair...maybe coz Watkins getting better or DCL injury affected him

2021/22
Watkins DCL
Goals per match 0.33 0.35
Shooting accuracy 41.6% 39.4%
Conversion 14.3 15.2

2020/21
Goals per match 0.38 0.5
Shooting accuracy 45.4 55.4
Conversion 14.4 19.3

Big drop off for Dom last season but still edged him out
Having said that, Watkins is an effective high energy player but I wouldn't want him as our front man over Dom and I doubt watkins would move unless he was first choice. Can play wide too though
Not saying for a moment that we'll sign him, think that depends on whether Gordon goes. But he has the profile we should be looking at IMO. Quick, high energy player who presses from the front. Can play along the front 3, either on place of Dom or out wide, or alongside Dom in a front 2. A good age, proven premier scorer and in or around England squad. Him and a fit Dom would prove a handful to other teams.

If Gordon goes and we sign maybe Sarr from Watford and get in another striker, are we stronger or weaker? I would say stronger, plus it would help with FFP giving the club a cleaner slate for next summer at the same time a load of dross end their contracts.

Not saying for a moment that we'll sign him, think that depends on whether Gordon goes. But he has the profile we should be looking at IMO. Quick, high energy player who presses from the front. Can play along the front 3, either on place of Dom or out wide, or alongside Dom in a front 2. A good age, proven premier scorer and in or around England squad. Him and a fit Dom would prove a handful to other teams.
Yea I think so too. My instant reaction to another poster was the number of chances I've seen him miss, but he does put a shift in and isn't as bad for returns as I thought. He definitely gives defenders a lot to think about. Can't see us getting him for anything under 40mil though if we were interested, he's Villa's first choice and they aren't short of a few shillings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back