Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP1
Patts Tarks Yez Myko
?
Onana Kudus
Gordon DCL McNeil

Lampard is really cooking
Onana has played the vast majority of his career as a DM.

We have a gaping hole at DM - none of Allan, Davies Doucoure, Gomes, or Iwobi can play that role.

Onana will surely play DM for us until such time that someone else who can do that job (Garner?) signs for us.

Presuming Kudus signs and Gordon leaves, this is our best lineup (until we sign another winger - Terrier, Tsygankov, Dieng, Sarr or Pedro all possible):

Pickford
Patterson - Mina - Tarkowski - Mykolenko
Onana
Iwobi - Kudus
McNeil - DCL - Gray​

Onana has played the vast majority of his career as a DM.

We have a gaping hole at DM - none of Allan, Davies Doucoure, Gomes, or Iwobi can play that role.

Onana will surely play DM for us until such time that someone else who can do that job (Garner?) signs for us.

Presuming Kudus signs and Gordon leaves, this is our best lineup (until we sign another winger - Terrier, Tsygankov, Dieng, Sarr or Pedro all possible):

Pickford
Patterson - Mina - Tarkowski - Mykolenko
Onana
Iwobi - Kudus
McNeil - DCL - Gray​

Depends if we see Onana as a DM.

I think if we can bring in Garner and a good Centre forward we'll have had a fantastic window.

If we do sell Gordon, then we could dispose of the wingers and go 352...or similar depending on our business.

Are we expecting Kudus + Gana + 2 strikers?

With AG to stay?

Seems like a big ask unless he goes.

We'll definitely use our remaining domestic loan slot. So that means waiting on Broja to be made available on deadline day surely.

Perhaps it's do-able. May leave room for a moderately priced forward still amongst the many options.

Would help massively if any of the unwanted hangers-on wanted to take a pay cut to play football regularly.

To be honest I would have pulled the trigger on Gordon and got the 45 m plus Pulisic or Hudson-Odoi on loan (I would have used the leverage to only pay a portion of their wages). This way we have a Gordon replacement without getting our pants pulled down. I would have paid the extra couple of mill to get the Gana deal over the line and then would have bought on of those solid if not spectacular prem ready strikers Adams or Maupay. Probably Maupay as I see possible cult hero potential I think he could partner DCL well in a 2. We could then monitor the rest of the window ready to striker if an exceptional opportunity presents itself. Possible line-ups

Picks
Tarks Coady Myko
Patterson Gana Onana Iwobi McNeil
Maupay DCL

Picks
Patterson Holgate Tarks Myko
Gana Onana Iwobi
Odoi DCL Maupay

To be honest I would have pulled the trigger on Gordon and got the 45 m plus Pulisic or Hudson-Odoi on loan (I would have used the leverage to only pay a portion of their wages). This way we have a Gordon replacement without getting our pants pulled down. I would have paid the extra couple of mill to get the Gana deal over the line and then would have bought on of those solid if not spectacular prem ready strikers Adams or Maupay. Probably Maupay as I see possible cult hero potential I think he could partner DCL well in a 2. We could then monitor the rest of the window ready to striker if an exceptional opportunity presents itself. Possible line-ups

Picks
Tarks Coady Myko
Patterson Gana Onana Iwobi McNeil
Maupay DCL

Picks
Patterson Holgate Tarks Myko
Gana Onana Iwobi
Odoi DCL Maupay

If we signed CHO or Pulisic as part of the Gordon deal...a great deal turns into a bad one.

Adams and Maupay, its a no from me.

6ft player available, 21, just started his senior career in a struggling a club and managed 4 goals and 2 assists in the PL - never injured and wants to play for Everton. Very likely to improve in a better team. Available free and to play at the weekend.

Yes, it's Anthony Gordon.

Depends if we see Onana as a DM.

I think if we can bring in Garner and a good Centre forward we'll have had a fantastic window.

If we do sell Gordon, then we could dispose of the wingers and go 352...or similar depending on our business.
Onana is a DM. This is a man who was born to dispossess people and kick it forward to a wing.

6ft player available, 21, just started his senior career in a struggling a club and managed 4 goals and 2 assists in the PL - never injured and wants to play for Everton. Very likely to improve in a better team. Available free and to play at the weekend.

Yes, it's Anthony Gordon.

He’s £50 million. Better options out there for that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back