Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Kudos is a player that was out of reach until recently. Or would have cost a lot more 4-6 weeks ago.

New coach and new chances for him to impress in an Ajax shirt. Scoring 4 goals in 4 matches in preseason.

As soon as the season started, he was back at the bench and watched players such as Klaassen get more minutes than him. With world cup in three months time, he need to play football and pushed for an exit from Ajax.

Likely to have been offered to a lot of clubs the last few days.
So you’re saying the lads so good that he’s essentially keeping Davy Klaassen in the team?

It’s all a balancing act in my opinion. I imagine we’ve gone for players that we’ve been knocked back on but also balancing the P&L rules while also trying to get players out to fund more expensive players.

We need players out the door urgently, that will surely free up cash to get better targets through the door.
I’m not arsed about missing out on a striker for a few more games if it means we end up with one or two who fit the plan Lampard and Thelwell are creating. Better that than buy any old cack just to keep the mouth-frothers from setting themselves on fire in self-righteous fury. We may lose out on some ‘easy’ points, but we MUST stop this short term, reactionary management of our funds, wait it out and get who we want, even if it means we drop ten points because of it. Get decent strikers in to go along with the midfield and defensive reinforcements and we will pick up sufficient points after to keep us safe, and we then have a great base to work from next season.

Our squad was appalling, our midfield the weakest in the top two divisions and our defence not far off! We look much healthier now and will look an entirely different package next year!

I’m not arsed about missing out on a striker for a few more games if it means we end up with one or two who fit the plan Lampard and Thelwell are creating. Better that than buy any old cack just to keep the mouth-frothers from setting themselves on fire in self-righteous fury. We may lose out on some ‘easy’ points, but we MUST stop this short term, reactionary management of our funds, wait it out and get who we want, even if it means we drop ten points because of it. Get decent strikers in to go along with the midfield and defensive reinforcements and we will pick up sufficient points after to keep us safe, and we then have a great base to work from next season.

Our squad was appalling, our midfield the weakest in the top two divisions and our defence not far off! We look much healthier now and will look an entirely different package next year!
We heard what that *plan* was yesterday: hope that your main striker with an injury record stays fit and then panic and cast about for a tat replacement if that doesn't work out.

These people aren't putting together plans, they're flying by the seat of their pants.

So you’re saying the lads so good that he’s essentially keeping Davy Klaassen in the team?
Not really. Two matches into the season Klaassen has played 66 minutes coming off the bench both matches. While Kudos has played seven minutes.

Last season got 18 starts and 1800 minutes in the league. Kudos had 4 starts and 400 minutes.

We heard what that *plan* was yesterday: hope that your main striker with an injury record stays fit and then panic and cast about for a tat replacement if that doesn't work out.

These people aren't putting together plans, they're flying by the seat of their pants.
You may be right Dave, but you don’t know that for sure. I will judge them when the window closes, up to now virtually every signing has improved us apart from Dele (I am reserving judgement on McNeil). I like Tarkowski, Coady, Mykolenko and Patterson, none of the, workd beaters but all better than we had, Vinegre looks Ok from the little I have seen of him. Gana I will be chuffed with. Lets see what happens with Strikers though, as none of us have a scooby who we will end up with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back