Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP1
Patts Tarks Yez Myko
?
Onana Kudus
Gordon DCL McNeil

Lampard is really cooking

Onana has played the vast majority of his career as a DM.

We have a gaping hole at DM - none of Allan, Davies Doucoure, Gomes, or Iwobi can play that role.

Onana will surely play DM for us until such time that someone else who can do that job (Garner?) signs for us.

Presuming Kudus signs and Gordon leaves, this is our best lineup (until we sign another winger - Terrier, Tsygankov, Dieng, Sarr or Pedro all possible):

Pickford
Patterson - Mina - Tarkowski - Mykolenko
Onana
Iwobi - Kudus
McNeil - DCL - Gray​
We’re still playing 3 at the back if you like it or not guys.

As much as I find it frustrating (particularly the Gana saga!), considering the way we've started - notwithstanding the lack of points - if we have to wait until the very end of the window to get the final pieces of Frank's first full-season jigsaw then I think it's probably the best way. A win today will definitely ease a lot of the worry.

I would be more concerned if we had one point but the recruitment had been the scattergun approach that got us Sandro, Klaasen and Tosun.

The echo reporting that Guirassy is training alone ahead of a move. I kind of get the feeling that either we are waiting to sell Gordon because we don’t have the money to sign him, or if we sell Gordon we will have more money and go for someone more expensive

As much as I find it frustrating (particularly the Gana saga!), considering the way we've started - notwithstanding the lack of points - if we have to wait until the very end of the window to get the final pieces of Frank's first full-season jigsaw then I think it's probably the best way. A win today will definitely ease a lot of the worry.

I would be more concerned if we had one point but the recruitment had been the scattergun approach that got us Sandro, Klaasen and Tosun.

…I keep hearing this theory & understand that the IGG negotiation might be a game of poker but I don’t see why signings like Kudus couldn’t be brought in earlier.

i can only assume we have a dependency on outgoings. If we wait until the end of the window to bring in key targets it’s a high risk strategy to take.

…I keep hearing this theory & understand that the IGG negotiation might be a game of poker but I don’t see why signings like Kudus couldn’t be brought in earlier.

i can only assume we have a dependency on outgoings. If we wait until the end of the window to bring in key targets it’s a high risk strategy to take.
You can't make an omelette without breaking @Eggs

Prediction:

The more this attacking situation drags on the more I can see this lot turning to Alfredo Morelos.

Think about it - end of his contract at rangers; they're on the way out of the CL qualifiers; scores a few goals up there. The sort of tat Everton would go for.

Bookmark this because, sadly, I think it'll be right.
You also believed at one stage that David Weir was going to be appointed manager.

I wouldn't worry too much about Morelos signing, it won't happen.

It’s all a balancing act in my opinion. I imagine we’ve gone for players that we’ve been knocked back on but also balancing the P&L rules while also trying to get players out to fund more expensive players.

We need players out the door urgently, that will surely free up cash to get better targets through the door.

From what I have heard about that guirassy he isn’t the player we need. I heard a French journalist say that he’d take Rondon over him which is not the kind of option we need

There was an article last night regarding Kudos which mentioned it was Monday earlier this week when the lad decided to leave to ensure he had playing time ahead of the World Cup. He apparently told the club he wasn’t willing to sit on the bench. So not sure it was specifically something which had been dragging on, or waiting for an outgoing.

Pretty sure Kudos is a player that was out of reach until recently. Or would have cost a lot more 4-6 weeks ago.

New coach and new chances for him to impress in an Ajax shirt. Scoring 4 goals in 4 matches in preseason.

As soon as the season started, he was back at the bench and watched players such as Klaassen get more minutes than him. With world cup in three months time, he need to play football and pushed for an exit from Ajax.

Likely to have been offered to a lot of clubs the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back