Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

So who plays DM / deep-lying CM then? Gomes? Davies? Doucoure?

We've been complaining, as a fanbase, that we've lacked a shield in front of the defence for absolute beards. Now we've spent £30m on one of the best young prospects in Europe at that position but you want to play him as a 10??

Gana. I want Onana as more of an 8.

Celtic released him so he could go get a big contract from one of the Saudi sides after years of interest

He was still an important player last season, he wasn't released because he's not good enough before anyone starts that

OK OK! Showing your true colours there lid. ?? Careful or else our resident sectarian expert will pipe up !!

System was fine vs Chelsea. Issue was a pathetic penalty given away by one of the midfielders and a lack of a striker.
I think you are getting ahead of yourself, are you judging the Chelsea performance against Spurs as a barometer of how Chelsea played against us? Chelsea were nowhere near the level against us as they were in that game, that wasn`t our doing they just werent at the races and they were there for the taking had we gone and `had a go` with a more attacking system/line up.

5 at the back is DEFENSIVE, the 3-4-3/5-2-3 or however you want to spin it is a 5-4-1 defending. The one up front will be up against 2 CBs so we just arent getting out, it is passive defending due to the lack of players in midfield as we saw against Villa and at times against Chelsea when Havertz and Mount floated between 8s/10s and wingers. Also playing from the back we cant play through midfield as we are outnumbered and their CAM can play in behind our midfield or their 6 can be free to receive the ball behind our press.

So many ways tactically it is not right, it all boils down to this - It didn`t work last season despite being the most used system and it isn`t working this season, it is making Lampard look inept and I want to keep this manager but we wont if he doesnt get results, blame the players all you like but they were good enough to win games with a back 4!

Frank Lampard
23 matches - All competitions
Won - 8 35%
Drew - 2 9%
Lost - 13 56%

20 games - Premier League
Won 6 - 30%
Drew 2 - 10%
Lost 12 - 60%
Points Per Game - 1.00, across a Premier League season this is a relegation battle.
Points Per Game this season? 0.00

5-2-3
Played 13
Won 4 - 31% (1 was Boreham Wood)
Drew 1 - 8% (Watford away, only team to not score at Vicarage Road)
Lost 8 - 61%

Analyse it for yourself...... I have my opinion based on FACTS not just a belief.

I definitely don't like it!

But if it's a 352 then that would at least shore up the midfield and actually allow the wingbacks to attack.
I’m not sure that Myko is good enough as an attacking wing back. He’s a decent player just we would be placing quite a lot of reliance on a player that’s probably better as a full back and a very inexperienced right wing back. I’ve no idea about Vinagre.

Very well said. Articulate and precise.

A timely reminder that throwing £28m at Bolasie, £25m at Tosun and £20m at Walcott were all the type of purchases that got us into this mess to start with.
Can you not dredge up the past, I’m going to struggle enough sleeping tonight as it is if we don’t win…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back