Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've not said we were worse off, I just fail to see that we now have some sort of top level defence. I keep hearing that the defence is "sorted" but I also see that we have conceded in every game we have played. Just because Keane and Coleman are poor defenders that doesn't mean we now have a good defence just because they are not in it.

I'm not especially concerned about our defence, we have bigger problems, but with our currently dreadful attacking options we need clean sheets and we aren't getting them.
Our attack last year was Richarlison, sometimes with DCL helping out. We scored a few, but with Keane playing a lot we also conceded way too many.

Now we have no attack, which results in our defence having to sustain more pressure for longer... Yet we aren't seeing any increase in the rate with which we concede. Why might that be, do you think? Is it that Iwobi has reinvented himself as the second coming of Claude Makelele? Has Pickford suddenly erased all his flaws and become four inches taller? Or have Patterson, Tarkowski and Coady upgraded our defence?

Goals per game:

Niasse: 0.22
Tosun: 0.18
Gordon: 0.08
Rondon: 0.05
You wanna edit that to add in their respective transfer fees and wages?

Tosun and Niasse were two of the many horrendous transfers from the last five or six years that have royally screwed us. Tosun definitely the worse of the two, but Niasse doesn't get a pass grade just for being less awful than the Turk merc who didn't fancy work.

I'd rather have Naismith, Jelavic, Mirallas or Marcus Bent up front than either of those two clowns.

Tosun and Niasse were two of the many horrendous transfers from the last five or six years that have royally screwed us. Tosun definitely the worse of the two, but Niasse doesn't get a pass grade just for being less awful than the Turk merc who didn't fancy work.

I'd rather have Naismith, Jelavic, Mirallas or Marcus Bent up front than either of those two clowns.
Sure - it was just in preference to not having a striker at all but also a bit sarcastic, although maybe not obvious in writing

Goals per game, divided by transfer value:

Niasse: 0.22 / 15000000 = 0.00000001
Tosun: 0.18 / 25000000 = 7.2e-9
Gordon: 0.08 / 45000000 = 1.777778e-9
Rondon: 0.05 / 0 = Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back