Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see that, maybe a Fulham or Bournemouth would fancy him too
He does look a lot like a current Bournmouth player. Nice, popular but crap.

Silva would be insane to sign him. If he hadn’t had to play him whilst Everton manager he’d still be here mumbling to the press and we’d be in the champions league (and Richy would have stated *sobs*).

Would love to see Keggers jazzy reveal video. **12 England caps** ** 3,983 unforced errors leading to goals** **276 own goals** **1 instance of being put on his arse by Lukaku**

Bless him.

Right, a serious question.

If we do stick with a wingback system (vomit), would people prefer to see a 343 or a 352?

If we use 343 as a base, who do you want to see arrive to play as a wide forward (NOT the central striker)?

If we were to use 352 as our base scheme, do you think that Gray can function effectively as one of the front two?

NB this is one of those times where I'm sorely tempted to write the word "y'all" instead of "you".

Last edited:

If we do stick with a wingback system (vomit), would people prefer to see a 343 or a 352?

If we use 343 as a base, who do you want to see arrive to play as a wide forward - NOT the central striker.

If we were to use 352 as our base scheme, do you think that Gray can function effectively as one of the front two?

NB this is one of those times where I'm sorely tempted to write the word "y'all" instead of "you".

3-5-2, sign Gallagher and either Garner or Gana.

McNeil can play left wingback at times, Patterson the other side, Mykolenko can provide competition at LCB meaning we can sell Keane. Keep Gordon and play in him in a free role off DCL when he's fit.

Gray and Iwobi provide genuine options off the bench

Our attack last year was Richarlison, sometimes with DCL helping out. We scored a few, but with Keane playing a lot we also conceded way too many.

Now we have no attack, which results in our defence having to sustain more pressure for longer... Yet we aren't seeing any increase in the rate with which we concede. Why might that be, do you think? Is it that Iwobi has reinvented himself as the second coming of Claude Makelele? Has Pickford suddenly erased all his flaws and become four inches taller? Or have Patterson, Tarkowski and Coady upgraded our defence?
1 point out of 9, zero clean sheets.

You might think the two things are unrelated, I don't, we'll have to agree to disagree I think.

1 point out of 9, zero clean sheets.

You might think the two things are unrelated, I don't, we'll have to agree to disagree I think.
Hmmmm. You're addressing a different point. Why might that be?

We might not be keeping clean sheets, but we are also keeping goals conceded to a minimum despite having to defend for longer periods of play, because we carry no attacking threat.

Happy to acknowledge that keeping clean sheets will win you more games than conceding goals will, but no-one was (or would) argue otherwise.

If we use 343 as a base, who do you want to see arrive to play as a wide forward (NOT the central striker)?

Broja / Evanilson / Gakpo / Endrick etc etc

They can all play wide or central

Gray is so selfish you could try him off another forward

" Judge us at the end of the window "

I certainly will .... not encouraging at this point .... 1/9 pts , no striker , no clean sheets , injuries , etc.
I can't believe after the let off we got last season that we seemingly are allowing it to happen again.
I'll give it until after the 17th of Sept v W Ham ( knowing full well were going to get drilled in the derby and @ the Emerites ) ...but I don't think my mental health can handle another " Everton " year like last season.

" Judge us at the end of the window "

I certainly will .... not encouraging at this point .... 1/9 pts , no striker , no clean sheets , injuries , etc.
I can't believe after the let off we got last season that we seemingly are allowing it to happen again.
I'll give it until after the 17th of Sept v W Ham ( knowing full well were going to get drilled in the derby and @ the Emerites ) ...but I don't think my mental health can handle another " Everton " year like last season.
When I heard that I immediately knew they have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Gakbo is a nice player but I don't see him signing for us.

PSV will demand a very high fee for him. They are in the last play-off round for the Champions League and already made a statement that it will be over €40 mil. Besides Gakbo won't leave PSV for a bottom-half PL team I think :oops:.
Rules Man Utd out too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back