Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s the Kudus thread gone?!

….it’s probably with the;

Ivan Toney thread
Che Adams thread
Maupay thread
Broja thread
Diaz thread
Barbosa thread
Garner thread
Che Adams thread
Bamba Dieng thread
Gueye thread
Kaladjic thread
Gibbs-White thread
Batshuayi thread
Cornet thread
Dendoncker thread
Barkley thread
Guido Rodriguez thread
Lingard thread
Zinchenko thread
Dennis thread
Dzeko thread
Lewis-Potter thread
Winks thread
Erikson thread
Becao thread

His own thread ffs :D

Last edited:
(in a Geordie accent):

'Day 938 in the Finch Farm household and both Frank and Kevin discussing whether to play Rondon up front as their only lone striker or drop him back into a central defensive role alongside Tarkowski and Coady where he can, at least, act as an obstacle'

Frank: 'For fecks sake, Kev. Are you no nearer to getting us a striker. Rondo can hardly put one foot in front of the other these days and since the passing of DCL - RIP Dom (looking to the sky with open arms) - after his ACL spread to his brain we have no one to look to who can put the ball in the onion bag.

Kev: 'Frankie, boy. No fret! I'm working on it. The last thing we need to do is rush into panic buying. Look what got us into this position in the first place. Ill-informed purchases on big money, long term contracts. We are in a much stronger position than we were and at least League 1 wages are not as high. Plus, I've got a few irons in the fire from National League Division 1 that might interest you but I have to admit Solihull Moors and Curzon Ashton are currently playing a little hardball with Bill over whether we pay up front or in instalments and absorb their player's remaining contract, into the bargain'

Frank: 'Sounds positive, Kev. Ta, mate! Oh, by the way, any news on idrissa Gueye?'

(in a Geordie accent):

'Day 938 in the Finch Farm household and both Frank and Kevin discussing whether to play Rondon up front as their only lone striker or drop him back into a central defensive role alongside Tarkowski and Coady where he can, at least, act as an obstacle'

Frank: 'For fecks sake, Kev. Are you no nearer to getting us a striker. Rondo can hardly put one foot in front of the other these days and since the passing of DCL - RIP Dom (looking to the sky with open arms) - after his ACL spread to his brain we have no one to look to who can put the ball in the onion bag.

Kev: 'Frankie, boy. No fret! I'm working on it. The last thing we need to do is rush into panic buying. Look what got us into this position in the first place. Ill-informed purchases on big money, long term contracts. We are in a much stronger position than we were and at least League 1 wages are not as high. Plus, I've got a few irons in the fire from National League Division 1 that might interest you but I have to admit Solihull Moors and Curzon Ashton are currently playing a little hardball with Bill over whether we pay up front or in instalments and absorb their player's remaining contract, into the bargain'

Frank: 'Sounds positive, Kev. Ta, mate! Oh, by the way, any news on idrissa Gueye?'

…no idea why Lampard and Thelwell are talking in Geordie accents.

I’m bored to death with these rumours and itk’s. Any journo should have to explain their source otherwise it’s simply made up. It’s very frustrating.

Back to us. I think it’s obvious what we need;

Gomes gone permanently
Switch to a 4/3/3 against any of the none top 6 clubs. Use the 5 at the back for them other games.
Sign a forward
Sign a creative midfielder

I think that’s what we need right now. To be honest even if we did end up with Barkley for the midfield role I would take that right this second as currently I feel it’s where we are lacking, along with the striker.

Striker, Che Adam’s bangs two in, probably puts his stock up by 10million. Ben Brereton Díaz is a massive step up from championship to Prem. We have seen it work, we have seen it fail. Garner, again, good last season, can he do it here in Prem. The last thing we want is another Niasse or Tosun. So I do get the dragging of the feet. The player has to be right, has to be able to come in and play. This is why I think Pedro from Watford would be great. Straight into the team, play him as a forward then DCL is back, get him in the wing, his stock will only go up.

However we prob don’t have that money to spend. So, what is the correct option here? It’s very hard. Surly there is a continental player who is available and can do the job?! But of the names mentioned last week;

Adams
Terrier
Broja
Garner
Maupay
Etc

None of them seem to fill anyone with any confidence. So what’s the right answer?
I believe one of the main principles of journalism is to protect the confidentiality of sources, so not sure that first part is going to fly really. They get things wrong and I guess that’s part of the job.

Fingers crossed we see some incomings this week.

I believe one of the main principles of journalism is to protect the confidentiality of sources, so not sure that first part is going to fly really. They get things wrong and I guess that’s part of the job.

Fingers crossed we see some incomings this week.
Those fingers are getting arthritis by now.

Rock bottom by World Cup, its so guaranteed. Even the promoted clubs look decent and the clubs involved with us last year are improving. The only player capable of keeping us up and winning us games has been sold to warm spurs bench which in itself says everything about how far we have come.
Get him back on loan, spurs don’t need him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back