Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we’re being “smart”…. and waiting to get 1 or 2 in ourselves before officially announcing Gordon has been sold.

Saying that, I’m not sure much is kept secret in this day and age with agents. super agents, social media etc.
They were very confident - perhaps overly confident - of having Kudus in by today.

Onana is literally the only player we have signed that was difficult and I probably credit Lamps and Thelwell more than BK. All the others were easy deals to do.

It will have the traditional selling of one of our players to fund the final parts too. It's just like de ja vu we are never going anywhere until BK and Mosh are gone and a new board is installed who know how to run a football club and are trying to win at every level not just make do. You watch even Newcastle leave us in the dust now just like Brighton and Wolves have.

I can understand why we'd wait on one or two possible targets, but the likes of Gana, Kudus, Vranckx and Garner are affordable as is and we should have moved more decisively on one of them by now.
No one outside of the Everton board knows what's affordable at the moment. The club are skint so every pound going in and out has to be carefully measured.

It will have the traditionally selling of one of our players to fund the final parts too. It's just like de ja vu we are never going anywhere until BK and Mosh are gone and a new board is installed who know how to run a football club and are trying to win at every level not just make do. You watch even Newcastle leave us in the dust now just like Brighton and Wolves have.
Richest club in the world mind

"Everton were confident that deals for the midfielders Idrissa Gana Gueye and Mohammed Kudus would go through by now, but have run into obstacles in each case from Paris St Germain and Ajax respectively.

They also missed out on Morgan Gibbs-White at the end of last week with the player preferring Forest, who had made him feel more wanted during talks."
You mean Everton 'ran into unexpected difficulties' after letting it be known through various channels that they were confident of getting them done??

Like with Diaz and so on and so on.

Exactly what I said: reeks Of Billy Bullshiner and his phantom bids.

I think Gana will be our lot for midfield.

UNLESS we can shift 3 of ours.

I don’t believe in superstition or supernatural stuff normally but I'm seriously beginning to believe that we really are a cursed club. Since 95 nothing has really gone right has it, I still expect the new ground to go belly up

I don’t believe in superstition or supernatural stuff normally but I'm seriously beginning to believe that we really are a cursed club. Since 95 nothing has really gone right has it, I still expect the new ground to got belly up
Funny how being cursed has coincided with the presence of Bill Kenwright on our board in increasingly more powerful positions of influence.

I expect us to sign a pretty high profile striker and a creative attacking midfielder before this transfer window ends anything less shows me the board don't care about the club and are unconcerned about relegation

I don’t believe in superstition or supernatural stuff normally but I'm seriously beginning to believe that we really are a cursed club. Since 95 nothing has really gone right has it, I still expect the new ground to got belly up
I called us cursed the other day, but honestly, that would suggest we hadnt had a massive hand in where we find ourselves.

We are our worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back