Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder if we’re being “smart”…. and waiting to get 1 or 2 in ourselves before officially announcing Gordon has been sold.

Saying that, I’m not sure much is kept secret in this day and age with agents. super agents, social media etc.

It’s investment though isn’t it. This kid will go for roughly what Onana did 12 months ago and he made Lille a stack of cash. If he’s someone we’ve been looking at get him in- we can’t always be the team one transfer further down the line paying the 30m.

Investing in future cash opportunities is what teams not struggling to find a roster that can get 40 points can do. This is like investing in paintings by new artists while the owner is about to evict you from your house for not paying the rent.

Last edited:

Gordons sale changes our targets tho mate.

So you can see why we would wait.
I can understand why we'd wait on one or two possible targets, but the likes of Gana, Kudus, Vranckx and Garner are affordable as is and we should have moved more decisively on one of them by now.

Upgrading the midfield will in turn take pressure of the defence and give the attacking players more ball to work with.

Ultimately we need two goalscorers in to bolster the attack, but there is room for another astute purchase in midfield.

I can understand why we'd wait on one or two possible targets, but the likes of Gana, Kudus, Vranckx and Garner are affordable as is and we should have moved more decisively on one of them by now.

Upgrading the midfield will in turn take pressure of the defence and give the attacking players more ball to work with.

Ultimately we need two goalscorers in to bolster the attack, but there is room for another astute purchase in midfield.
I think Gana will be our lot for midfield.

UNLESS we can shift 3 of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back