Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need that Kuddus as well. We need four players for me. Attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, wide forward, striker.
100% agree.

But to improve the on-field results, at least three of those four need to be of a better standard than the current starting player in each position.

To achieve THAT will involve more than just the transfer funds we'll raise just by selling Gordon: we'll need to shift Allan, Alli, Gbamin and Gomes as well, just to create enough payroll capacity to pay them. Even if we loan people in rather than buying them, we're either paying wages or paying a loan fee that roughly equates to a year's wages for a mid-tier player.

Allan I think we will be able to sell, he's still highly regarded in Italy. Alli, Gbamin and Gomes will only be loans but they're on around £300k p/w combined... If we can get a third of that total covered that's better than having them on the bench here praying we don't have to bring them on. If we're really lucky maybe we can use Gbamin as part of a player + cash offer for one of our targets.

Hinges on who the forwards are for me even with that money you can find gems if you scout well. But since the intel seems we are focussed on EPL players re forwards, you are probably right but goal scoring will be the key.

This is the other thing mate, the market is limited now, we’ve missed out likely on first choice signings, the likes of MGW and Cornet. Our top targets aren’t likely to have hung around until the last week of the window. If we sold Gordon tomorrow, we have a week to do deals - 7 days and the market is limited, 0 negotiating leverage and armed with cash, we will be taken out to wood shed by other clubs. Harry Winks for 20 mill.

Who is a high profile striker that we could buy? Broja is not high profile, for example.
If we sell Gordon we should be able to plunge 35 to 40 mil into a striker that's more than enough to attract a good centre forward if not just take a punt Ben Brereton Díaz for 13 mil can't be any worse than what we have got

This is the other thing mate, the market is limited now, we’ve missed out likely on first choice signings, the likes of MGW and Cornet. Our top targets aren’t likely to have hung around until the last week of the window. If we sold Gordon tomorrow, we have a week to do deals - 7 days and the market is limited, 0 negotiating leverage and armed with cash, we will be taken out to wood shed by other clubs. Harry Winks for 20 mill.
Don't disagree that's why I am puzzled and despairing that they didn't get Dennis or someone they could get earlier, clearly weren't convinced on his attitude. But yes a well run club would have done deals earlier and now deals lined up before we sell him but...are we a well run club... I'll leave that hanging in the air...because we aren't. It reeks of BK he used to love deadline day to get knock down deals but as you say you are fighting over the scraps and getting robbed for them in this league.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back