Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the idea that the club has used the loan signing of a bloke hardly anybody has ever heard of, who doesn’t play in the position that most people are desperate to see us fill, as some sort of elaborate smokescreen, is up there with the worst conspiracy theories I’ve ever heard.
Genuinely didn’t see that message before I wrote the above.

It is

But its also bizarre why it was leaked to so many people

It makes no sense
If It was a club brief, like Diaz news last year. They briefed a deal was agreed. Maybe from Everton's end/understanding it was (or still is)?

All it is is an email or text or whatsapp (Liverpool's press officer insists on the latter, for some strange reason) to a mailing list, like.

Alternatively, could be an agent involved with the deal has gone early on it too.

For 50 mill mate, can’t see it.
Well I'm counting Gana in that mate and we wanted him done by about 2 weeks ago long before Chelsea came in for Gordon. We also have gone for Kudus on loan, which would hardly have been a big fee, and we're after a striker, again regardless of Gordon.

So Gueye would be the defensive mid, and that's a nominal fee if they get it done, then you've got however much to reinvest (or however much the £50m influx frees up in terms of P&L) to spread over three other players, or two signings and another loan. It would have to be done mate, or we'd be far too short.

Well I'm counting Gana in that mate and we wanted him done by about 2 weeks ago long before Chelsea came in for Gordon. We also have gone for Kudus on loan, which would hardly have been a big fee, and we're after a striker, again regardless of Gordon.

So Gueye would be the defensive mid, and that's a nominal fee if they get it done, then you've got however much to reinvest (or however much the £50m influx frees up in terms of P&L) to spread over three other players, or two signings and another loan. It would have to be done mate, or we'd be far too short.

See this is why it’s a bad deal, even with the sale we are looking for value, essentially Gueye on a free, the AJAx kid - though that looks off, 2 Dwight McNeills value in the market - one being a striker and maybe the German kid.

Not great when you think we lost Richarlison and Gordon.

The point of selling is to improve mate, im not sure we will.

Also think clubs are going to rinse us with a week to go in the window.

See this is why it’s a bad deal, even with the sale we are looking for value, essentially Gueye on a free, the AJAx kid - though that looks off, 2 Dwight McNeills value in the market - one being a striker and maybe the German kid.

Not great when you think we lost Richarlison and Gordon.

The point of selling is to improve mate, im not sure we will.

Also think clubs are going to rinse us with a week to go in the window.
Hinges on who the forwards are for me even with that money you can find gems if you scout well. But since the intel seems we are focussed on EPL players re forwards, you are probably right but goal scoring will be the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back