Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'd agree with that. Still would like 2 proper strikers to come in whatever happens.

But we have so little time. I have no idea what on earth we are thinking. Thelwell has surely lost a grip of the situation

That's the nightmare situation in this really. We sell Gordon, and Kenwright messes it up, either buying poor players or not getting people in.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Still would like 2 proper strikers to come in whatever happens.

But we have so little time. I have no idea what on earth we are thinking. Thelwell has surely lost a grip of the situation. Is he not aware of the discontentment that they have allowed to build?
I just don't think Everton have wiggle room in the squad for 2 out and out no.9s on top of Dom. Maybe if Rondon goes.

But we definitely need a striker and then someone who can replace Gordon, but has a quality level closer to that of Richarlison.

Goals don't have to come from strikers, we need wide forwards chipping in with 10 a season.

I just don't think Everton have wiggle room in the squad for 2 out and out no.9s on top of Dom. Maybe if Rondon goes.

But we definitely need a striker and then someone who can replace Gordon, but has a quality level closer to that of Richarlison.

Goals don't have to come from strikers, we need wide forwards chipping in with 10 a season.
I'm pessimistic but I dont think its sensible to expect DCL to come back in a couple of weeks, stay fit and play every week. We need to recruit in a way that covers us if he cant play every week.

That line about no one could ever have seen him getting injured again was utter tosh. He had literally had to sit out a game the week before.

We need a squad that isn't short with 1 injury. I'm not sure we've had that for years and its shocking.

I'm pessimistic but I dont think its sensible to expect Dominic Calvert-Lewin to come back in a couple of weeks, stay fit and play every week. We need to recruit in a way that covers us if he cant play every week.

That line about no one could ever have seen him getting injured again was utter tosh. He had literally had to sit out a game the week before.

We need a squad that isn't short with 1 injury. I'm not sure we've had that for years and its shocking.
Neither do I, but I'm being realistic mate. We play with 1 central striker, not 2. And the point of getting a versatile player in the Richarlison mould would be that they could fill in both slots perfectly well.

And we mouthed off prematurely because Kenwright wanted to quell any discontent ahead of the last home game before the window closes.
Honestly the idea that the club has used the loan signing of a bloke hardly anybody has ever heard of - who doesn’t even play in the position that most people are desperate to see us fill - as some sort of elaborate smokescreen, is up there with the worst conspiracy theories I’ve ever heard.

Last edited:
Honestly the idea that the club has used the loan signing of a bloke hardly anybody has ever heard of, who doesn’t play in the position that most people are desperate to see us fill, as some sort of elaborate smokescreen, is up there with the worst conspiracy theories I’ve ever heard.
It is

But its also bizarre why it was leaked to so many people

It makes no sense

And we mouthed off prematurely because Kenwright wanted to quell any discontent ahead of the last home game before the window closes.
Yeah sure we setup meetings with journalists etc to tell them we’re signing some Ajax kid that 90% of our fans would never have even heard of to quell any discontent

Our board is that bad at signing players it’s turning some of our fans into proper bizarre conspiracy theorists ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back