Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I don't see how that's the case. The club were confident enough to brief on Friday that they had a deal agreed. Clearly there's some other moving parts there.

Now I do like the look of the lad but what I will say is it's baffling they aren't going to these lengths to get a striker in.

I'd imagine this move is purely because Dele is going, though. It's one in, one out there (if it happens).
We've left crucial business all to the last minute when things can go wrong. We still haven't decided if we are going to sell Gordon

We've taken unnecessary risks and got our priorities wrong. Its totally our fault for leaving things in the air so late in August

We've left crucial business all to the last minute when things can go wrong. We still haven't decided if we are going to sell Gordon

We've taken unnecessary risks and got our priorities wrong. Its totally our fault for leaving things in the air so late in August
A move for defensive mid and ST is definitely crucial but I'm not sure a move for an attacking ball-carrying mid was crucial until we knew Dele was going or at least if there was a deal agreed to get him out of the club.

As much as I want creativity in the side, especially in the middle, if I had to pick just 3 positions right now, even, it would be: Striker, wide forward, defensive mid.

So I don't see this as 'crucial' business. It's business that was covering ourself as we looked to move Dele on and had been dealt a blow last week by Doucoure's injury. It actually looked like they moved pretty quickly, if anything mate.

This club is a circus run by absolute clowns they better have some good players arriving or I can see another very long and tough season.
I'd honestly be stunned if we finished outside the relegation zone. We are so poor that just bringing in players for the sake of it will not keep us up. They have to be good ones. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I trust the club to deliver on that one.

A move for defensive mid and ST is definitely crucial but I'm not sure a move for an attacking ball-carrying mid was crucial until we knew Dele was going or at least if there was a deal agreed to get him out of the club.

As much as I want creativity in the side, especially in the middle, if I had to pick just 3 positions right now, even, it would be: Striker, wide forward, defensive mid.

So I don't see this as 'crucial' business. It's business that was covering ourself as we looked to move Dele on and had been dealt a blow last week by Doucoure's injury. It actually looked like they moved pretty quickly, if anything mate.
I was just talking generally. We have left the crucial position of forward to the last minute, and started the season without an actual available striker.

I kept beating the drum throughout pre season on how I felt they had got it wrong with their priorities. If I can see it weeks ago why can Kevin Thelwell not see it? Why can the board not see it?

We're about to go into another top flight game with Rondon up top. How on earth can we expect to compete

I was just talking generally. We have left the crucial position of forward to the last minute, and started the season without an actual available striker.

I kept beating the drum throughout pre season on how I felt they had got it wrong with their priorities. If I can see it weeks ago why can Kevin Thelwell not see it? Why can the board not see it?
I agree with you on the forward and striker.

But this was specifically in relation to Kudus so apologies for the confusion.

I don't know mate, they have to answer these questions, or Lampard has to start having some balls and realising he's talking directly to the fans, not the reporters, in his interviews.

On this, I think it's clear we have, but Chelsea have to meet our price. It's been made pretty clear for the last week and a half that that's been the general belief, hasn't it?

We don't want to sell him, but here's our price so if you want him pay it.

On this, I think it's clear we have, but Chelsea have to meet our price. It's been made pretty clear for the last week and a half that that's been the general belief, hasn't it?

We don't want to sell him, but here's our price so if you want him pay it.
Thats why we needed a deadline last week.

Saying we will sell for X amount is not the same as saying we are definitely selling or definitely keeping. We need clarity, Lampard needs clarity. Otherwise how we plan to recruit replacement and how can Lampard prepare for the game on Saturday?

We cannot just say this is our valuation and sit and wait. Then the offer comes in on the 1 Sept at tea time. What do we do then?

Thats why we needed a deadline last week.

Saying we will sell for X amount is not the same as saying we are definitely selling or definitely keeping. We need clarity, Lampard needs clarity. Otherwise how we plan to recruit replacement and how can Lampard prepare for the game on Saturday?

We cannot just say this is our valuation and sit and wait. Then the offer comes in on the 1 Sept at tea time. What do we do then?
Like I said mate maybe we did give them a deadline? We don't know do we.

Maybe we've said to Chelsea, last week, that your deadline is August 24th. Lampard seemed to hint tonight that it's put up or shut up time for Chelsea, didn't he.

Maybe we didn't, it's all speculation but you can't get so wound up when we don't know for sure what we did.

Fully agree on the last point, and Everton shouldn't be doing that. I said last week, IMO our business should absolutely have carried on as normal regardless of Gordon staying or going as him staying or going did not change that we needed, at the least, a striker and a defensive mid.

Now, as of Friday, Everton were confident that they had Gueye done and Kudus done. Confident enough to brief the press on the latter. Obviously Kudus isn't a striker, but as I said it looks like it might have been in the wake of the Dele-Besiktas deal. So they were getting on with business regardless of the Gordon stuff. But this being Everton, and I'm not absolving them of blame for this, deals they seem to think are as good as done are suddenly not done.

Like I said mate maybe we did give them a deadline? We don't know do we.

Maybe we've said to Chelsea, last week, that your deadline is August 24th. Lampard seemed to hint tonight that it's put up or shut up time for Chelsea, didn't he.

Maybe we didn't, it's all speculation but you can't get so wound up when we don't know for sure what we did.

Fully agree on the last point, and Everton shouldn't be doing that. I said last week, IMO our business should absolutely have carried on as normal regardless of Gordon staying or going as him staying or going did not change that we needed, at the least, a striker and a defensive mid.

Now, as of Friday, Everton were confident that they had Gueye done and Kudus done. Confident enough to brief the press on the latter. Obviously Kudus isn't a striker, but as I said it looks like it might have been in the wake of the Dele-Besiktas deal. So they were getting on with business regardless of the Gordon stuff. But this being Everton, and I'm not absolving them of blame for this, deals they seem to think are as good as done are suddenly not done.
The clubs are still talking so clearly no deadline has passed yet. Its totally unfair on the manager that this has been allowed to overshadow another week when the priority should be getting forwards in the door and points on the board.

This is a huge distraction and needs a clear decision before the next game. If we are selling then tell Chelsea they need to put the cash on the table by COB tomorrow. Otherwise clear off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back