Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its pretty clear that none of the forwards we have been linked, not even the links we dont like, are remotely as bad as our current options. We need to be pragmatic, rein in our expectations, and improve the squad, because we are proper crap.
Agree as much as it hurts we currently aren't attractive to most players we finished 16th we need a rebuild some solid forward options will improve us.

While Everton did enough to win the tie, they still haven’t scored more than a single goal in any of their four fixtures so far this season and Lampard admitted his team need to become more potent. He said: “We need to improve there and the reality is, we need help in the squad there. We’ve got a good squad that we’re building, there’s a core, there’s a feeling of strength and solidity to it, especially in the Premier League games we’ve seen and I like that but it’s clear and obvious we need to be better in the final third.

“There’s the players that we have here now and if we can help to improve that with personnel, it’s absolutely an area we’re focussed on for sure.”

Asked if Everton would resolve the issue through working with the existing squad or recruitment, Lampard said: “Both. We need to work but work can’t recreate a game situation in the heat of the moment, it’s finding the final pass and it’s an issue in all of our games so far, the final pass, the final moment.

“Against Chelsea, we were running through one on one with Thiago Silva and couldn’t find the final pass and moments against Villa where we can find the pass and Demarai can be in or Forest where we don’t find the pass. We continue to work on it on the training pitch but the decision-making is up to the lads in that area of the pitch and it’s very difficult to recreate that and get in the areas to recreate those moments and it’s decisions and timing so it’s an area we’re trying to strengthen for those reasons of course.”

This from an article this morning came with the headline “Lampard makes striker hint”, but maybe I’m reading it wrong but it comes across to me as if he’s hinting more to a playmaker rather than a striker?

While Everton did enough to win the tie, they still haven’t scored more than a single goal in any of their four fixtures so far this season and Lampard admitted his team need to become more potent. He said: “We need to improve there and the reality is, we need help in the squad there. We’ve got a good squad that we’re building, there’s a core, there’s a feeling of strength and solidity to it, especially in the Premier League games we’ve seen and I like that but it’s clear and obvious we need to be better in the final third.

“There’s the players that we have here now and if we can help to improve that with personnel, it’s absolutely an area we’re focussed on for sure.”

Asked if Everton would resolve the issue through working with the existing squad or recruitment, Lampard said: “Both. We need to work but work can’t recreate a game situation in the heat of the moment, it’s finding the final pass and it’s an issue in all of our games so far, the final pass, the final moment.

“Against Chelsea, we were running through one on one with Thiago Silva and couldn’t find the final pass and moments against Villa where we can find the pass and Demarai can be in or Forest where we don’t find the pass. We continue to work on it on the training pitch but the decision-making is up to the lads in that area of the pitch and it’s very difficult to recreate that and get in the areas to recreate those moments and it’s decisions and timing so it’s an area we’re trying to strengthen for those reasons of course.”

This from an article this morning came with the headline “Lampard makes striker hint”, but maybe I’m reading it wrong but it comes across to me as if he’s hinting more to a playmaker rather than a striker?
He's basically saying what's been obvious for ages: our attacking players lack the brains to make the right calls in critical moments.

At this level of sport, all of the protagonists have ability and can play, but the truly effective players have the brain and mentality to go with it, the smarts, cuteness, and resilience. Ours, patently, don't.

He's basically saying what's been obvious for ages: our attacking players lack the brains to make the right calls in critical moments.

At this level of sport, all of the protagonists have ability and can play, but the truly effective players have the brain and mentality to go with it, the smarts, cuteness, and resilience. Ours, patently, don't.
Can it be coached?

663E7A05-5373-4CCD-978A-647C0FA40904.webp

I think both really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back