Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I‘m confused by our approach.

’judge us by the end of the window’, but why? Why are we waiting so late to fill obvious void in attack?

If it’s money, we brought in two left sided players and still no effective striker. If we wanted Che Adams, I have no idea why we had to wait. There might be reasoning behind the Broja acquisition but we could wait all summer for him & it might not materialise.

Some posters say we’re best waiting to get the players we want, but why are they not available now.

The club continues to be a right mess in transfer failings.

….I‘m confused by our approach.

’judge us by the end of the window’, but why? Why are we waiting so late to fill obvious void in attack?

If it’s money, we brought in two left sided players and still no effective striker. If we wanted Che Adams, I have no idea why we had to wait. There might be reasoning behind the Broja acquisition but we could wait all summer for him & it might not materialise.

Some posters say we’re best waiting to get the players we want, but why are they not available now.

The club continues to be a right mess in transfer failings.
Guessing the Broja issue is Chelsea wanting to get Auba in before letting him go out on loan. Talk was Southampton laughed off our proposal for Che Adams so presumably the main issue is we’re going to clubs cap in hand because we can’t pay the big fees we used to.

If we sell Gordon for big dough then I’d imagine things will move quickly on a couple of deals.

With the greatest respect you are putting a lot of faith in complete unknowns and assuming a best case scenario.

Hopefully the Gana deal can be done but there is clearly an issue thus he is still not here.

The noise coming from Ajax is that Kudus is not for sale.

Dom's back up according to Frank will be a stop gap player.

Saying a Richy replacement and Gordon replacement is easy but who and how much would such players cost this late in the window if any are actually available. You have to consider that those two lads, along with Pickford are the reason that we are still in the premier league. I don't think that the reality of the situation is quite as simple as you suggest. Just my opinion, like, mate.
i agree mate but we simply can not continue with the current lot. There are strikers out there for sure, only as i said before not all of them fill me with confidence. That is why a loan for Broja is low risk / we are not wasting 20mill/30mill on a potential failure. And a loan can be done quickly compared to another striker where the selling club aqueeze a redicilous fee out of us. Besides it is clear Broja is one of Lampard's targets.

Morning guys! Can’t wait for another day of you all bleating and calling your football club a shambles as that’s what healthy adults do, attach all their self worth to a sports team and try and out soap box each other in a passive aggressive show of who’s the most disconcerting. Have a beautiful day.

Just been doing my morning clean of the thread and the amount of unknown foreign players mentioned in here seems to correlate directly to the amount of these that I find discarded.

DeRv_xSX4AAY9kG

Just been doing my morning clean of the thread and the amount of unknown foreign players mentioned in here seems to correlate directly to the amount of these that I find discarded.

DeRv_xSX4AAY9kG
What I’m trying to reconcile is some of the most shouty on here voted in a referendum to prevent immigration yet want to flood their beloved football team they’ve appointed themselves as spiritual guardian of with *checks notes* many unknown foreign immigrants. I’m so confused buddy.

We all tend to moan about the football players becoming soft primadonnas. Of course that is true but the fans surpass them by far. Just look at the wailing here! Four games into the season and we are already relegated, half of the players are written off, Thillwell and Lampard are inept and the club is the biggest joke the world has ever seen just because for the first time in ages we haven' t panicked and we haven' t bought a has been or a no mark for silly money. Truly unbelievable!

All of this actually makes me wonder if we are thinking of shipping Dom off aswell! A complete overhaul.

Dom goes to Newcastle on deadline day.

Everton get Broja in on loan as our main striker for the season.

Gana arrives

Allan leaves

Gbamin goes out on loan

Everton get Gilmour on a permanent transfer

Everton enquire about Gallagher but it falls through.

Everton get Joao Pedro from Watford in.

Our front line now being;

Pedro Broja Gray/McNeil

Midfielder of:

Doucoure Onana Gilmour

All of this actually makes me wonder if we are thinking of shipping Dom off aswell! A complete overhaul.

Gana arrives

Allan leaves

Gbamin goes out on loan

Pedro Broja Gray/McNeil

Midfielder of:

Doucoure Onana Gilmour
We basically need that many players plus DCL. Can’t see him going this window.

Gana arrives

Allan leaves

Gbamin goes out on loan

Pedro Broja Gray/McNeil

Midfielder of:

Doucoure Onana Gilmour

Can't see it happening now with DCL leaving.

However I am 99% certain that we would have sold him and Richarlison this summer, always thought it would be one or the other but the way its playing out, I think both would have went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back