Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I‘m confused by our approach.

’judge us by the end of the window’, but why? Why are we waiting so late to fill obvious void in attack?

If it’s money, we brought in two left sided players and still no effective striker. If we wanted Che Adams, I have no idea why we had to wait. There might be reasoning behind the Broja acquisition but we could wait all summer for him & it might not materialise.

Some posters say we’re best waiting to get the players we want, but why are they not available now.

The club continues to be a right mess in transfer failings.
"Judge us at the end of the window" was simply the club buying time hoping for a miracle, which funnily enough may happen which will bestow £60m into their pockets from which they can use a portion of it to try and get some goals in the squad.

It wasn't to do with a strategic plan, they just got extremely lucky with Chelsea's interest in Gordon.

If that move falls through, you can bet we won't get any decent striking option in, perhaps an unheard of name from abroad on loan with Frank forced to peddle a load of lies about how he's satisfied with the squad.

Last edited:
What I’m trying to reconcile is some of the most shouty on here voted in a referendum to prevent immigration yet want to flood their beloved football team they’ve appointed themselves as spiritual guardian of with *checks notes* many unknown foreign immigrants. I’m so confused buddy.

Very confusing times indeed, I suspect many of them would gladly see a boat of immigrants heading for English shores sink as they smile gleefully to themselves, yet tell them one of them is a prolific striker and they'll swim out with a motor for it.

What a shameful place we find ourselves in.

Very confusing times indeed, I suspect many of them would gladly see a boat of immigrants heading for English shores sink as they smile gleefully to themselves, yet tell them one of them is a prolific striker and they'll swim out with a motor for it.

What a shameful place we find ourselves in.
Have to break sarcasm to say I’m sat here with my shoulders shaking at this bit.

….I‘m confused by our approach.

’judge us by the end of the window’, but why? Why are we waiting so late to fill obvious void in attack?

If it’s money, we brought in two left sided players and still no effective striker. If we wanted Che Adams, I have no idea why we had to wait. There might be reasoning behind the Broja acquisition but we could wait all summer for him & it might not materialise.

Some posters say we’re best waiting to get the players we want, but why are they not available now.

The club continues to be a right mess in transfer failings.
Some players are available at a price we can’t match, or require upfront cash we don’t have, or the clubs are holding out for better offers, or the players are holding out for better offers, or clubs are reluctant to sell and would need to find alternatives themselves. There are loads of reasons.

I doubt anyone at the club is sitting on their hands, no matter what this forum thinks.

I can see us adding Gana, a replacement winger for Gordon (no idea who), Broja on loan and possibly Benerton Diaz. Possible loans or sales for Gbamin and Gomes.

He’d be an actual replacement in terms of contribution, but with muscles.

Another with pace and no consistent end product.
It’d be more end product than either Gordon or gray which isn’t hard. I think he’s very good. He’s not a 20 goal winger. But he could get 10.

Barca were after him at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back