Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all, early one today as I have to head to the office this morning ffs…..

Everton have asked Chelsea to include either England midfielder Conor Gallagher, 22, or Albania international Armando Broja, 20, on loan as part of the deal to sign 21-year-old forward Anthony Gordon. (talkSPORT)

And

The Toffees are finally ready to sell Gordon if they can find a suitable replacement. Watford's Brazilian forward Joao Pedro, 20, and Southampton and Scotland international Che Adams, 26, are among the players the club has made inquiries over. (Mirror)

And

Gordon has told Everton he wants to sign for Chelsea to play Champions League football and boost his chances of being selected for England's World Cup squad (The Athletic)

And

Lampard on Gordon: “He’s our player, everyone knows of Chelsea’s interest, we have a good relationship, ideally (a quick resolution to the situation) or we carry on and he’s our player” (Alan Myers Twitter)

And

Frank Lampard has insisted that Everton do not need to sell Anthony Gordon, despite the player asking to leave his boyhood club for Chelsea.

'It is a football decision and a financial decision and it has to be right for everyone,' said Lampard, who could still use Gordon for the trip to Brentford in the Premier League on Saturday. 'Anthony is our player.'

Everton are showing interest in Newcastle United forward Miguel Almiron, but the Magpies will only sanction a permanent exit for the 28-year-old according to The Guardian’s Ed Aarons. It had been revealed by journalist Roberto Rojas (via his personal Twitter account, 24 May) that Everton were interested in the Paraguayan international.

Sky Sports reporter Keith Downie says that Newcastle United are ‘confident’ of securing a deal for Watford striker Joao Pedro.

The Magpies have returned with an improved £30million offer after seeing a second bid of £25million rejected. But reports yesterday said that Everton were ready to match Newcastle’s £30million offer, to which Downie says he has ‘conflicting information’ on.

“Now, there are reports elsewhere that Everton have joined the race to sign him as well. We have conflicting information on that, so we don’t have it strong enough to be able to stand up whether that is the case or not.

“But all I can say is the information I have is Newcastle are confident of getting a deal done. There is an understanding that the player wants to come to Newcastle and they’re quite close to an agreement.”

Everton are reportedly pursuing a deal for Leandro Trossard With Dominic Calvert-Lewin currently out injured, Salomon Rondon is the only fit centre-forward at Frank Lampard’s disposal. While he’s predominantly a left winger, Trossard is capable of playing as a striker or an attacking midfielder.

The 27-year-old is into the final year of his contract at the Amex Stadium. However, The Athletic reported in May that Brighton have the option to extend his deal by a further 12 months.

Pete O’Rourke took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to share the news on Trossard.

“Everton are interested in a move Brighton attacker Leandro Trossard,”

Dele Alli is closing in on a move to his third club in a year as he was left out of Everton's Carabao Cup match day squad against Fleetwood Town. Manager Frank Lampard confirmed that the 26-year-old is set to join Besiktas after the Toffees' 1-0 win over Fleetwood Town in the Carabao Cup.

He said: 'He's very advanced to moving to Besiktas. It's not absolutely done yet but it's very advanced.'

Leeds United are unlikely to strike a deal for Blackburn Rovers forward Ben Brereton-Diaz at this stage, according to journalist Ben Jacobs who made this revelation to Give Me Sport.

Everton are also thought to be in the race to recruit him, though they could potentially scupper this move by opting to recruit Watford’s Joao Pedro instead.

Can it be coached?
I tend to think not. I think players can always be improved - just as a teacher can improve and help a child with special needs. But some things tend to be innate. Football intelligence is probably one of them (or at least it derives from a combination of factors that go beyond mere "technique"). The problem is that football is a game that often requires quick-thinking.

Compare it with snooker. In my view, while "mental strength" or temperament is typically innate, it can be worked on (how to be resilient, move on from mistakes, maintain focus). Tactical intelligence - especially at speed - is different. It can definitely be coached in a slow, methodical game like snooker that allows time for thinking (e.g., when to play a containing safety shot to gain a tactical advantage and when to attack, how to weigh up risk, etc.). The top 128 players in the world all know how to play the right shot. Only a few know how AND when to do it 99 times out of 100. Most players can be coached to improve this in such a considered sport and in the end you separate the great from the good through the combination of technique and mentality. In football, that time isn't there and people must fall back on their innate qualities.

Take Alex Iwobi. Technically, he's a good player. Lampard has probably improved him, too, through his coaching and man management. But I don't think he's ever going to make him a smart player. Smarter, maybe. Smart? Nah.

Last edited:
BBC says Adama Traore from Wolves is available. He’d be a great Gordon replacement and still have money left over to spend on other positions.

Hector Bellerin is also supposedly moving and we should consider him as well as, we really need competition at RB.
It will certainly be exciting when he receives a hail Mary from our Quarter Back and gets it into the end zone.

Morning guys! Can’t wait for another day of you all bleating and calling your football club a shambles as that’s what healthy adults do, attach all their self worth to a sports team and try and out soap box each other in a passive aggressive show of who’s the most disconcerting. Have a beautiful day.
It's a weird little ecosystem you exist in though your statement is chillingly valid yet without these rageaholics that attach self esteem and identity to sport in a tragic display you would be lost as you derive meaning from a percieved purpose of mocking and ridiculing the absurdity of it all. It's like something out national geographic

The constant judgment of all players linked as rubbish is so tiring.

We are currently only attractive to either young players with potential or established players who are inconsistent. The only way we can get players that pass the GOT football hipsters' acid test is by overpaying, which you would also moan about.

Log off and go and get some fresh air, you bunch of deviants.

Some players are available at a price we can’t match, or require upfront cash we don’t have, or the clubs are holding out for better offers, or the players are holding out for better offers, or clubs are reluctant to sell and would need to find alternatives themselves. There are loads of reasons.

I doubt anyone at the club is sitting on their hands, no matter what this forum thinks.

Agreed mate. You can read the 'judge us as the end of the window' comment a couple of ways.

You can either see it as a confident boast that we knew our targets and will get them in (red rag to a bull to many on here given where we currently stand), or you can read it as the club saying back at the beginning of August that the window is a difficult water to sail in and we all know that our targets won't emerge until the last few days (as shown over many windows), so let's see what we've manged to achieve at the end of it and judge then.

I personally believe they meant the latter; many here I think see it as the former.

It's a weird little ecosystem you exist in though your statement is chillingly valid yet without these rageaholics that attach self esteem and identity to sport in a tragic display you would be lost as you derive meaning from a percieved purpose of mocking and ridiculing the absurdity of it all. It's like something out national geographic
I crave a time where I cannot hunt and mock them as it would mean my beloved fellow blues are healed and happy #BeNice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back