Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we actually turn down a 60m bid for Gordon and do we need to make another 80m in player sales by the end of next season? The media are pulling all over the place

People were saying the other day in regards to the Gordon deal, if we were after a player at his level for that price would you be happy, the answer was overwhelmingly no. This is that player. What in Christ's name was the club thinking trying to match a bid on a player who's had one decent season in the Championship for possibly £45m.

It's a good thing swearing is banned on here I tell you...
If we were sold a certain player from a certain club and the player is said to be at match fitness level: After half an hour of watching him I could give
you a balanced opinion of him. We have not had a player as good as Anthony Gordon since Wayne first time. These mates of yours allowed
Rooney to go to Newcastle or Man United for £27M on the drip.

BBC says Adama Traore from Wolves is available. He’d be a great Gordon replacement and still have money left over to spend on other positions.

Hector Bellerin is also supposedly moving and we should consider him as well as, we really need competition at RB.
I can't think of a better like for like replacement.

pace to burn but sadly very little end product.

Does he work as hard as Gordon ? probably not

Is he paid a lot more ? probably

One to swerve then ? yes I think so

Looks like Newcastle are in for Martin Terrier... Which is the one player I would love us to sign.....

Newcastle going for Terrier is interesting when he’s just said he’s not leaving, but then money can change a lot in football.

Presumably they wouldn’t sign both him and Joao Pedro so now we can afford to we should match or slightly exceed their bids for both and hopefully would come out with one of the two.

Sort the Gordon deal out quickly and then target a young, foreign plug and play forward like Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica or Cody Gakpo at PSV (both rumoured to be 'available') with the first slug of the proceeds.

Then bang in either a Broja in on loan or a Brereton Diaz at £15m.

And icing on the cake is Kudus once Alli has gone.

I feel that would give us the striking options we need. If Gana comes in too, that would represent a bloody good window.

I can but dream... !

Regardless of whatever is going on with PSG I do wonder if the arrival of Onana (hard to believe Gana was meant to be in the door before Onana was even mentioned) coupled with the form of Iwobi as a CM has maybe changed what we feel we need: we still need at least one CM but if it’s only one we’d maybe be better opting for a younger player like Garner who can offer something extra in the form of set pieces.

If we could get Gana for a nominal fee and one of Garner or Gilmour that would offer a really good range of options in midfield but if PSG keep messing around I’m less sure than I was that signing the guy who is nearly 33 is a necessary use of any significant amount of money. Even if PSG only want about 5 million, that’s something that could be invested in Vranckx instead.

Newcastle going for Terrier is interesting when he’s just said he’s not leaving, but then money can change a lot in football.

Presumably they wouldn’t sign both him and Joao Pedro so now we can afford to we should match or slightly exceed their bids for both and hopefully would come out with one of the two.

Not sure that would be much of a concern for them, they will probably buy both and sell us Almiron....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back