Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort the Gordon deal out quickly and then target a young, foreign plug and play forward like Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica or Cody Gakpo at PSV (both rumoured to be 'available') with the first slug of the proceeds.

Then bang in either a Broja in on loan or a Brereton Diaz at £15m.

And icing on the cake is Kudus once Alli has gone.

I feel that would give us the striking options we need. If Gana comes in too, that would represent a bloody good window.

I can but dream... !
Yeah, I think if / when Gordon goes the ready made options we could afford are probably Terrier, Gakpo, Ramos and Joao Pedro. Lots of moving parts but unless the club has someone else up their sleeve I’d hope to see one of the four minimum arrive.

Gakpo would be probably the ideal, but any possibility of that probably hinges on whether United get Antony as he is the back up plan. At the same time if Utd ditch Antony and get Gakpo Ajax are more likely to allow Kudus to leave so there’s at least a consolation.

Still need at least one more forward and to reinforce midfield but with money still available and the domestic loan to use, start with one of those four and we should be able to greatly improve on what we have now.

So, just to clarify, after 3 PL games with no decent striker and securing 1 point, the club are reacting by making sure there'll be no striker for a 4th PL game...and will undoubtedly stretch it to 5 PL games at Leeds, the day before the window slams shut.

That'll be 15 points cast aside by a club that stayed up by a whisker last season.

It’d be more end product than either Gordon or gray which isn’t hard. I think he’s very good. He’s not a 20 goal winger. But he could get 10.

Barca were after him at one point.
career stats (club)
Games: 237
Goals: 16
Assists: 28

That’s a rate of a G/A every 5.3 games

Here’s Gordon for comparison
Games: 65
Goals: 4
Assists: 3

A rate of a G/A every 9.2 games.

On paper he looks better than Gordon, but he’s had a longer career (10 seasons) to build up those stats and they’re skewed because of 2 good seasons, 1 in the Prem and 1 in the Championship: Boro in 18/19 with 5 (10 assists) and in the Prem it’s 4 (9 assists) with Wolves in 19/20. He also chipped in with 2 goals in the Europa league that year. Then it’s 1s and 2s scattered about his career with a lot of 0s thrown in.

He won’t get anywhere near 10 goals or even 5 assists a season for us. I don’t think we can afford to waste what money we have on him.

If we do get him, then I hope he proves me wrong as I want every player to be a success as that in turn makes Everton a success.

Onana, Iwobi, Warrington, Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies plus potentially Gueye and Garner. What is the plan here? 10 Central midfielders when Frank is only using 2 per game lmao
I mean, they clearly don't want gomes, gbamin and Allan. And if Garner and gana come in, they would probably look to let Davies go as well. Which would leave us with 6 and iwobi isn't a CM and won't be played as a CM if gana and Garner sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back