Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana, Iwobi, Warrington, Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies plus potentially Gueye and Garner. What is the plan here? 10 Central midfielders when Frank is only using 2 per game lmao

He clearly doesn’t rate most of them, and why should he, they’ve been terrible.

Onana Iwobi Doucoure have his confidence clearly

Gomes Gbamin obviously do not

Allan and Davies seem to not be first choice unless injuries say otherwise

Fans keep wanting him to play 433 yet apart from Warrington who is a kid who is there who can play number 6 apart from Gbamin who he clearly doesn’t rate.

Hence the links to Garner and Gueye for me.

I think Lampard sees Onana as more box to box, a better Doucoure.

If we went 433 I think it will be a sitter behind Onana and Iwobi as his first choice line up

I think we might have to throw our hat into the ring for that Kalajdzic who Wolves are trying to sign from Stuttgart, we are simply running out of time and options. His injury record as mentioned on here is far from ideal but hopefully he and Calvert-Lewin can take it turns when they're going to be out!

22 goals and 11 assists in 51 Bundesliga games, 6 foot 7, £20m will get him.
Like everything about him, be a hell of a focal point, but that injury record with that sort of frame just screams Yerry Mina. Ajorque for me.

Regarding the scouting part (in bold) was it not the case that the scouting infrastructure was gutted for a while last season? I was wondering whether that might be contributing to the lack of imagination to our targets so far this summer
Aye, though we do have a good amount in France I believe. I used the term scouting loosely there. Everton have decent scouts, it's just the decision-makers at the club and their inability to be decisive (most of the time) which seems to be the problem.

We all tend to moan about the football players becoming soft primadonnas. Of course that is true but the fans surpass them by far. Just look at the wailing here! Four games into the season and we are already relegated, half of the players are written off, Thillwell and Lampard are inept and the club is the biggest joke the world has ever seen just because for the first time in ages we haven' t panicked and we haven' t bought a has been or a no mark for silly money. Truly unbelievable!
I agree.... Four weeks is far too long.

Unbelievable Indee. The laziness on our part to not act sooner against this rapid demise of our once great football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back