Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clubs are still talking so clearly no deadline has passed yet. Its totally unfair on the manager that this has been allowed to overshadow another week when the priority should be getting forwards in the door and points on the board.

This is a huge distraction and needs a clear decision before the next game. If we are selling then tell Chelsea they need to put the cash on the table by COB tomorrow. Otherwise clear off.
Clearly, but me and you, unfortunately, can only speculate to that end. Maybe there never was a deadline, maybe the deadline is tomorrow, or the end of this week.

I don't think it's particularly a distraction that's impacting our performances though of course it is just another division in the fanbase. Lampard at least put it out there tonight, he wants it done quickly or he stays our player.

after a win anorl
No it's after our complete inability to bring a forward in. We are a premier league football club playing Rondon up front a bloke who was semi retired in China last year! It's because I am fully behind Lamps and the team that I think it's a disgrace nothing has been done to address the goals issue in this team. And don't give me it was all ok when DCL was fit, no it wasn't there weren't goals in this team last season either beyond a few players! One of whom was sold because of their horrific financial mismanagement of this club. No more excuses for this gang of charlatans!!!

It was a joke mate!
No it's after our complete inability to bring a forward in. We are a premier league football club playing Rondon up front a bloke who was semi retired in China last year! It's because I am fully behind Lamps and the team that I think it's a disgrace nothing has been done to address the goals issue in this team. And don't give me it was all ok when Dominic Calvert-Lewin was fit, no it wasn't there weren't goals in this team last season either beyond a few players! One of whom was sold because of their horrific financial mismanagement of this club. No more excuses for this gang of charlatans!!!

No it's after our complete inability to bring a forward in. We are a premier league football club playing Rondon up front a bloke who was semi retired in China last year! It's because I am fully behind Lamps and the team that I think it's a disgrace nothing has been done to address the goals issue in this team. And don't give me it was all ok when Dominic Calvert-Lewin was fit, no it wasn't there weren't goals in this team last season either beyond a few players! One of whom was sold because of their horrific financial mismanagement of this club. No more excuses for this gang of charlatans!!!
Mot sensible post of the day.

It was a joke mate!
Fair enough I obviously didn't get it, I am just exasperated at how badly run we are. Seriously there's shooting ourselves in the foot last summer with Benitez now in the other foot with this. Yes some of the rest of the business has been solid but it means nothing without goals/threat up front. We could play well and lose week after week. It's so despairing to follow a club that just can't even do simple things, I don't even have any expectations anymore they've stamped them out. Just give me a boring lower mid table season. But the chaos and delusional "that will do" negligence strikes over and over...

Fair enough I obviously didn't get it, I am just exasperated at how badly run we are. Seriously there's shooting ourselves in the foot last summer with Benitez now in the other foot with this. Yes some of the rest of the business has been solid but it means nothing without goals/threat up front. We could play well and lose week after week. It's so despairing to follow a club that just can't even do simple things, I don't even have any expectations anymore they've stamped them out. Just give me a boring lower mid table season. But the chaos and delusional "that will do" negligence strikes over and over...
Think we all are bud. let's see what happens, it's a crap time but it's a long season

Its pretty clear that none of the forwards we have been linked, not even the links we dont like, are remotely as bad as our current options. We need to be pragmatic, rein in our expectations, and improve the squad, because we are proper crap.
This, give me an Adams, Brereton-Diaz, Guirassy etc over the Venezuelan donkey any day

Think you also should be looking at Amine Ghouiri, he's a great talent as a striker and would provide excellent back-up to DCL when he's back.

He's only 22, plays for Nice.

Not sure what it'd cost you though tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back