Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly yes, but would like another forward more experienced. If Alli and Gordon (after losing Richy) go we need 3 forwards for me.
Not really. Not unless they are committing to playing Pedro on the flanks. Diaz as a CF could go either way in the PL, but Diaz cannot play wide in the PL. We're already seeing how much a player with no pace struggles playing as a wide forward in the PL with McNeil.

I'm not totally against Diaz but I do feel there must be better out there.

I think only Newcastle would have come in for him tbh.

Do think we'd have stood ground firmer on Dom than we even are with Gordon. Just because it's a lot easier to replace a winger who runs about a bit and is skilful than an actual goalscorer.

I'd always had in my head it was 1 out of the 2 with Dom and Richarlison on who would be sold - as the window has gone on though I think both would have been sold.

Reckon Newcastle would have been all over him had he been fit - and one or two other clubs I know had spent a lot of time speak to people about him.

The way the window has gone, I think its clear we were going to make two big sales, just didn't think the other one would be Gordon

Inappropriate Language
Ah I take back my excitement over Ben Brereton Díaz, didn't realise it was a S*n journalist... [Poor language removed] sake

Rondon starts Saturday :/

Used to write for the Scum. Some say he’s a credible source, he’s usually wrong when it comes to us but the way he’s wording it makes it seem it could be a goer.
Alan Nixon. Always had good contacts at Blackburn, Burnley,Bolton but otherwise turbo gash.

Could potentially offer up this with 4 more realistic ins. Ignored Gana for now as it's peeing me off. Excluded Gomes, JPG & Allan since they're seemingly out of the equation. Dele and Gordon gone too for me. Rondon can just hand out bibs.

View attachment 179992

View attachment 179993

Apologies if I've missed anyone @Barnfred 55 ;)
The flanks look so poor there it hurts. Midfield and defence looking far better than before though.

I don’t mind us signing Ben Brereton Díaz or Joao Pedro but we shouldn’t be signing both imo. Too much to spend without really guaranteeing the instant quality we need.

Richarlison - spurs
Gordon - chelsea
Alli - Besiktas
El Ghazi - villa (end of loan)(anomaly)

Is that over 50% of our forward minded players? Townsend is an ACL recoveree, we'd have DCL and Gray and to an extent Doucoure left from last season?
We've reinforced fairly well in defence and with Gana also midfield, but we're gearing up to play like allardyce's bolton or dyche's burnley at this rate, no craft, just graft, hit and hopers to the big unit up front. Starting to get a bit sketchy all this malarkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back