Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad emerging reality is that we are getting left for dead in this league, not just by the clubs who have been ahead of us for a while now but by clubs who'd have given their left nut to be in our position through the Moyes years. We just have to survive which ever way we can until we get the wage bill down and build up our revenue once we're in the new stadium - hopefully by then we'll be in a position where we can can another go at rebuilding without constraints and avoid the mistakes we've previously made.

The hatchet job done to us by Moshir, Kenwright & his cronies along with a slew of managers, DoFs and mercenary players has been dreadful to witness.
Football boardrooms are getting ever more modern and professional. Kenwright's time was the 90s

25mil would be a steal. Shows there are players out there who don't cost the earth. It we sold Gordon for 50 (or 60 as being reported) and got this fella in for half the price, that would be incredible business.

Sadly, it won't happen though.

25m isn’t going to get a deal done for Terrier IMO. Add another 5-7 on to that at a minimum

No, I meant the flanks as in our wide forward options- they look terrible. Full backs will do fine for now.
I don't think that the wide forward options are that bad. What concerns me is the way they don't really fit with Iwobi and Onana lacking the ability to keep the defense honest. If there's going to be some space around Calvert-Lewin or Pedro because the defense can't just sell out to deny the principal goal-scoring threat in the center, somebody's going to find him with a dangerous ball sooner or later. If Onana and Iwobi aren't threatening worldies from outside the box, and McNeil/Brererton also aren't a big threat to wrong-way the keeper on the flanks, the striker ends up holding the CBs' hands all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back