Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell Gordon and hijack the Paqueta deal. There is a good player who can create and score.
Difference is with Onana we could offer first team football whereas there he would be blocked by Rice and Soucek. Paqueta will get right in their team no problem. We’ve nothing to offer really.

good enough for Carlo and Jose. Not good enough for Everton and Lamps
You need the right pieces around him. Here, it's like having a Cadillac frame and dropping a base Honda Civic engine into it. The result will not work out well. Whether you blame the frame or the engine for the poor performance of the car is simply a matter of opinion. The actual problem is the mismatched Lego parts.

Difference is with Onana we could offer first team football whereas there he would be blocked by Rice and Soucek. Paqueta will get right in their team no problem. We’ve nothing to offer really.
He can be the main man here too. I don’t know when Europa become so attractive.

Another match with Rondon up front tbh I can see Lamps going to another strikerless front line.
Worst case we can bring back Simms from Loan, but I think it's all in hand KT is in no doubt he will get the boot if we don't. Our chances of staying up are limited, without another couple of strikers. So I have to have faith in KT, I think he is working with limited resources and as a consequence, he is being shrewd in how he engages with teams....Just because we don't have a public Man U De Jong drama on our hands, doesn't mean things are not moving forward - His resolve on Gordon has been impressive £60 Million is a win for us and allows us to get the players we want, but I imagine he is trying to maximise that money by spreading transfers and salaries over the next few years to allow us to pull the trigger on several targets

he came to us in September 2020. He's been rubbish since then has he?
Yes, that's what I said. Obviously not in every single game he's played, because that's not how professional football works, but in the main yes he's been very poor for us. Everyone who has paid even a passing interest in us in the last 2 years would be able to tell you that our midfield has been a major weak point for that entire time, and he has been a mainstay of it. People tried to convince themselves that he was great in that first season (same with Doucoure) but overall they were mediocre at best.

Even if Gomes, Allan and Gbamin were fit, are they good enough?

Gomes I think Lampard has sussed out very quickly as a player he cant count on.
Allan last year of his deal and has his eye on his last move.
Gbamin? Pfft.

We could do with a decent, fit centre midfielder who can actually pass the ball forward, or as the football hipsters would say, progress the ball. That could be Onana, but it's a lot to put on him, and him alone in a debut season.

It's why Garner is a good idea, albeit in the championship he reminds a lot of Barry the way he takes it on the half turn

I don’t think replacing Richarlison and Gordon with Kudus, Diaz and Joao Pedro leaves us in a stronger position other than with depth.
The Richarlison sale was forced due to the Prem's sustainability rules. If you sell a player simply to avoid a points deduction for breaking the rules, the resulting squad will invariably be worse. Swapping the two for the three is a good outcome if half the proceeds from the player sales was dead lost from the get-go.

Depth matters. Clubs generally have several players out due to injury at any given time. Not having a steep drop-off in performance simply because a key piece is no longer on the pitch is extremely important. A very few pieces truly are irreplaceable, but then you're talking about World XI players. We're not operating at that level, so it's just about having a backup (or set of backups combined) that leave the club only losing 10% of peak performance or so.

We're effectively in a relegation battle as of now.

I dont see three terrible teams in this division that'll allow Everton to stumble through a season with a win here and there and still survive.

We should be hot favourites to go down.

We need 20+ points by Xmas, we had 16 by the end of Oct last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back