Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sad emerging reality is that we are getting left for dead in this league, not just by the clubs who have been ahead of us for a while now but by clubs who'd have given their left nut to be in our position through the Moyes years. We just have to survive which ever way we can until we get the wage bill down and build up our revenue once we're in the new stadium - hopefully by then we'll be in a position where we can can another go at rebuilding without constraints and avoid the mistakes we've previously made.

The hatchet job done to us by Moshir, Kenwright & his cronies along with a slew of managers, DoFs and mercenary players has been dreadful to witness.

Not sure it's a panic. He's a great player and for the same fee we're apparently getting for Gordon.

Hes 23 in less then a month and hes only scored double digits in la liga once and they're paying £60m for him.

I know hes highly rated but he hasn't got the goals to back it up for me.

It's fine that way. Play Myko against sides that are going to come at us, and Vinagre against lesser sides where we need somebody to get forward. Same basic idea with Coleman vs. Patterson - Coleman can get the odd start against sides that are going to be all up in our faces all game, because we don't need to beat those sides down the wing all day. Iwobi, Onana and other quality mids that are potential 'in's can organize a proper counter against sides that are selling out a bit to attack us.

Would I rather have prime Alves crashing forward like a madman with prime Alba as a rock on the other side? Sure. We can get by with what we have on the flanks, though, as long as we use the pieces properly. It's not an area of strength, but it's not an area of weakness the way it has been in the past.
No, I meant the flanks as in our wide forward options- they look terrible. Full backs will do fine for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back