Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison and DCL are leaving mert.
Richarlison I think will 100% I’d sell DCL for big money, either way of they both go, then we will have a lot of money to play with.

I actually think there will be a few surprises leaving in the summer, Frank wants to keep the ball, not like city. And we’re one of the worst in the leagues , he doesn’t 30% possession away at the likes of Leeds and wolves. Take 2 players which I know will be controversial. DCL and Doucoure, both do not suit that style. Both technically average and lose the ball, give away a lot.

Funtime Frankie can have a right real life game of Football Manager this summer with the turnover of players we will have.

Can easily generate about 100m from Richarlison (definitely going) and DCL (not bothered if he stays or goes), and the club will already free up literally almost £400k a week (WEEK!) from those out of contract; Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Lonergan, Kenny, Begovic.

If he's able to have a serious conversation with Davies, Rondon, Holgate (I'd say Keane too, but I don't see him leaving because nobody will touch him due to his wages) and Iwobi and tell them they are not in his plans and either need to go or will be in the 23s until their contract ends, it could free up several hundred thousand a week more, crazy to even say it. The money we throw away on wages is criminal.

He could very, very easily lose 10-12 players this summer and have a very healthy transfer and wage budget to mould his very own squad.

Richarlison I think will 100% I’d sell DCL for big money, either way of they both go, then we will have a lot of money to play with.

I actually think there will be a few surprises leaving in the summer, Frank wants to keep the ball, not like city. And we’re one of the worst in the leagues , he doesn’t 30% possession away at the likes of Leeds and wolves. Take 2 players which I know will be controversial. DCL and Doucoure, both do not suit that style. Both technically average and lose the ball, give away a lot.

Different way of playing under Lampard may benefit the attacking players + those in defence and midfield who can 'play'.

Lampard went with Gilmour and Jorginho in the DM role -- as deep lying playmakers. I think we will see a big overhaul of the midfield in the summer window.

He also used Tammy Abraham and Olivier Giroud up top. Id say DCL would likely be someone he would favour and hope that he and Alli gel.

Richarlison is a tricky one.

DCL very rarely gives the ball away. It's one of his strengths. Doucoure is always prone to a mad five minutes.

DCL very rarely gives the ball away. It's one of his strengths. Doucoure is always prone to a mad five minutes.
Well we’ve seen things differently then, I just don’t think his hold play is fantastic. Maybe it’s the way we’ve set up. But he never got an assist last year or scored outside the box , which would say he’s not the great technically or he see’s the whole picture on the pitch.

I think Frank, will want a forward who offers a bit more from open play, maybe he can coach him to be better and maybe more possession, should hopefully help the whole team including DCL

Different way of playing under Lampard may benefit the attacking players + those in defence and midfield who can 'play'.

Lampard went with Gilmour and Jorginho in the DM role -- as deep lying playmakers. I think we will see a big overhaul of the midfield in the summer window.

He also used Tammy Abraham and Olivier Giroud up top. Id say DCL would likely be someone he would favour and hope that he and Alli gel.

Richarlison is a tricky one.
I think Giroud was a better footballer than DCL, would know about Abraham as haven’t watched him that much

Well we’ve seen things differently then, I just don’t think his hold play is fantastic. Maybe it’s the way we’ve set up. But he never got an assist last year or scored outside the box , which would say he’s not the great technically or he see’s the whole picture on the pitch.

I think Frank, will want a forward who offers a bit more from open play, maybe he can coach him to be better and maybe more possession, should hopefully help the whole team including DCL
Yeah possibly, we also lack runners more often than not in the final third, I find that quite often both DCL and Richarlison feel the need to run at goal themselves as there are never any real options.

The two lads we signed yesterday should help. Hopefully anyway...

He won't score outside the box. He's awful at shooting, great at scoring if that makes sense. I don't know if it's his composure or what but him shooting is awful whilst him reacting is usually a goal.

And I say that with the caveat of that one goal scoring chance he had last year where he took the ball down off his chest while jumping and getting a fantastic shot off which the keeper really had to stretch to save. That was an amazing effort but completely out of the norm for him.

He won't score outside the box. He's awful at shooting, great at scoring if that makes sense. I don't know if it's his composure or what but him shooting is awful whilst him reacting is usually a goal.

And I say that with the caveat of that one goal scoring chance he had last year where he took the ball down off his chest while jumping and getting a fantastic shot off which the keeper really had to stretch to save. That was an amazing effort but completely out of the norm for him.
Yes also must have missed 7/8 one on one’s we probably get Europe if he scores 5 of them

Status
Not open for further replies.