Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know. That would make it even better if we jumped in ahead of them. Lampard's got a proven record with kids and he's going to find it easier getting game time with us than with Liverpool. Let's be honest, it isn't easy breaking into that Liverpool team and they have Harvey Elliot to come back from injury too who he'll be in direct competition with for whatever scraps are available. Fulham won't care as long as we at least match what Liverpool have offered, which I believe is around £5m.

Van de Beek and El Ghazi to end their loans.
Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Begovic, Lonergan to end their contracts before this window even starts.
Allan, Mina, Davies, Townsend, Coleman, Rondón with only one year remaining this summer.
Richarlison, Pickford, Gray, Iwobi, Gomes, Gbamin and Dele with only two years left.

Think we can expect a lot of action for sure.

Agreed on the top 2 lines, that's 8 gone for a start.

Almost certain that Richie goes to PSG for fairly big money, lets say £70m. I think Arsenal try and get DCL off us for around the same fee. I wouldn't sell him though if he'll stay. I want them to stay, but I strongly suspect Allan and Mina will both leave because they won't want to sign new deals and we'll need to command a fee for them. I'd also be shocked if Rondon was here at the start of the season. That's another 5 potentially gone (hopefully not DCL though), and we've not even mentioned Iwobi, Gbamin and Gomes who likely don't have a long term future here, loans for them beckon.

We're going to look a very, very different team this time next year I'd wager. Frank can go full FM on us, and I'm glad because I firmly believe he can spot a player.

I'd like to see us go for Fabio Carvalho from Fulham in the summer. His contract is up and we may be able to tempt Fulhams hand by offering a fee rather than let it go to tribunal. I think he'd love to play under Lampard and I think we'd offer more of a chance of regular first team football than he'd get at Anfield.

Not only do I think he's going to be a bit special, it would also be absolutely brilliant to get one over on that lot.
He is a good young player but he is far from the most talented young player in the Championship. I'm interested as to why it's only Liverpool moving for him as 6 months ago he was being linked with Real Madrid and Dortmund. If we want to sign a young talent then that Keane Lewis-Potter the winger at Hull is the one to sign, his ceiling is massive, the only issue is that Hull City know how good he is going to be and they want BIG money.

Just adding this to the summer transfer thread.

Obviously Lampard gave Gilmour his big break and he's not having the best of times at Norwich. Only has a contract until summer 2023.

Turns 21 by start of next season and looks to be full of potential especially as a deep lying playmaker.

Gallagher of course is box to box, turns 22 in a few days and has been on plenty of loans. Long term contract until 2025 and says that Lampard was his idol growing up.

If both were available, how much do you think they would cost?

Just off the top of my head Gilmour around 10-15m as he's be entering the last year of contract Gallacher you'd be looking at 40m+ after the season he's having at Palace.

Agreed on the top 2 lines, that's 8 gone for a start.

Almost certain that Richie goes to PSG for fairly big money, lets say £70m. I think Arsenal try and get DCL off us for around the same fee. I wouldn't sell him though if he'll stay. I want them to stay, but I strongly suspect Allan and Mina will both leave because they won't want to sign new deals and we'll need to command a fee for them. I'd also be shocked if Rondon was here at the start of the season. That's another 5 potentially gone (hopefully not DCL though), and we've not even mentioned Iwobi, Gbamin and Gomes who likely don't have a long term future here, loans for them beckon.

We're going to look a very, very different team this time next year I'd wager. Frank can go full FM on us, and I'm glad because I firmly believe he can spot a player.
The "problem" is we are unlikely to sell both DCL and Richarlison, that for me would be insanely silly.

So whilst we might have money from 1 of them, all the other names mentioned, as you say, will be loans or nominal fees and we still have the same issues regarding FFP going into next Summer.

So whilst its great saying lets sell/loan/release 14 or 15 players, the majority would need replacing, with very little money.

6 Out of contract
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Kenny
Delph
Begovic
Lonergan

8 to Sell
Keane
Holgate
Mina
Davies
Gomes
Gbamin
Iwobi
Rondon

2 Loans expire
Van De Beek
El Ghazi

GK: Pickford / ??? / Crellin/ Tyrer
RB: Patterson / ???
CB: Godfrey / ???
CB: Branthwaite / ???
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou
DM: ??? / ???
CM: Doucoure / Allan / Onyango
AM: Alli / ???
LF: Richarlison / Dobbin
CF: DCL / ???
RF: Gray / Gordon

No idea what to do with Coleman/Townsend.

Would offer Begovic another contract.

Good keeper and calm to boot

The "problem" is we are unlikely to sell both DCL and Richarlison, that for me would be insanely silly.

So whilst we might have money from 1 of them, all the other names mentioned, as you say, will be loans or nominal fees and we still have the same issues regarding FFP going into next Summer.

So whilst its great saying lets sell/loan/release 14 or 15 players, the majority would need replacing, with very little money.
You wouldn't even notice the 6 out of contract lads if they left, bar perhaps Begovic, who I suspect will be kept on another year to save a headache.

As I said, wouldn't be selling DCL unless he forced our hand, which I doubt. I think we get decent fees for Mina and Allan, particularly the former. The rest don't give me much hope of receiving a fee though. The squad still looks bloated to me, so I don't think we'd need to replace as many as might be expected. If we assume about 12 leave, I think 4 signings and 2 loans would be more than enough when taking youngsters like Onynago and Dobbin into account.

Different way of playing under Lampard may benefit the attacking players + those in defence and midfield who can 'play'.

Lampard went with Gilmour and Jorginho in the DM role -- as deep lying playmakers. I think we will see a big overhaul of the midfield in the summer window.

He also used Tammy Abraham and Olivier Giroud up top. Id say DCL would likely be someone he would favour and hope that he and Alli gel.

Richarlison is a tricky one.

Big question mark for me would be does Ali rediscover his form and does VdB play well enough thst we want to buy him.

Assuming a sale of Richy for 70m you'd be looking at roughly that to invest. Although feel we'd be very active in shipping out anyone who doesn't adjust to Lampards system, so maybe looking at 100m or circa that.

You wouldn't even notice the 6 out of contract lads if they left, bar perhaps Begovic, who I suspect will be kept on another year to save a headache.

As I said, wouldn't be selling DCL unless he forced our hand, which I doubt. I think we get decent fees for Mina and Allan, particularly the former. The rest don't give me much hope of receiving a fee though. The squad still looks bloated to me, so I don't think we'd need to replace as many as might be expected. If we assume about 12 leave, I think 4 signings and 2 loans would be more than enough when taking youngsters like Onynago and Dobbin into account.
Think we will struggle to get decent fees for an injury prone Mina and Allan personally, both with only 12months on their contract? I think.

We have spent vast sums on some horrific players, most of which we will have to give away.

I do know that Fronk likes a slimline squad, so of course we could lose about 15 and possibly only replace half, with as you say Ony and Dobs taking the places, with some others.

I didnt mean my post to come across as doom and gloom, but I think people do not consider the cost of replacing even horrific players.

He is a good young player but he is far from the most talented young player in the Championship. I'm interested as to why it's only Liverpool moving for him as 6 months ago he was being linked with Real Madrid and Dortmund. If we want to sign a young talent then that Keane Lewis-Potter the winger at Hull is the one to sign, his ceiling is massive, the only issue is that Hull City know how good he is going to be and they want BIG money.
That's a matter of opinion mate. He's probably the most sought after young player in the Championship and the fact that Liverpool, Madrid and Dortmund all want him speaks for itself. He's been a regular in the England Youth sides throughout the age groups and his goal/assist stats are up there with other young attacking midfielders, including Lewis-Potter. Plus we know that he WON'T cost big money.

Think we will struggle to get decent fees for an injury prone Mina and Allan personally, both with only 12months on their contract? I think.

We have spent vast sums on some horrific players, most of which we will have to give away.

I do know that Fronk likes a slimline squad, so of course we could lose about 15 and possibly only replace half, with as you say Ony and Dobs taking the places, with some others.

I didnt mean my post to come across as doom and gloom, but I think people do not consider the cost of replacing even horrific players.
Not at all, got the gist of what you were getting at. We've already seen the likes of Walcott, Bolasie, Williams etc walk away for nothing and it's destroyed us FFP wise. We'll continue to feel the pinch of that for some time I'm sure.

Mina I'd expect to get a good fee for, he's got great pedigree and I think a European club or two would probably fancy him. Allan less so but would still expect more than a nominal fee. Who knows though, we have seemed crap at selling players lately. Think the pair of them are probably more valuable to us if they stay.

Not at all, got the gist of what you were getting at. We've already seen the likes of Walcott, Bolasie, Williams etc walk away for nothing and it's destroyed us FFP wise. We'll continue to feel the pinch of that for some time I'm sure.

Mina I'd expect to get a good fee for, he's got great pedigree and I think a European club or two would probably fancy him. Allan less so but would still expect more than a nominal fee. Who knows though, we have seemed crap at selling players lately. Think the pair of them are probably more valuable to us if they stay.
Well there are some changes in the works regarding FFP, so hopefully before May we will be operating in a different window.

Status
Not open for further replies.