Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van de Beek and El Ghazi to end their loans.
Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Begovic, Lonergan to end their contracts before this window even starts.
Allan, Mina, Davies, Townsend, Coleman, Rondón with only one year remaining this summer.
Richarlison, Pickford, Gray, Iwobi, Gomes, Gbamin and Dele with only two years left.

Think we can expect a lot of action for sure.
I had hoped it was only one.
100% the worst signing of this club ever

Basically in the summer I expect Richy to get sold for a lot. Meaning the priorities will be a top CB, CM, and striker/winger. Then someone to compete with DCL or play for him when hes out. IF the new fullbacks develop well, I expect we could compete with that.

Selling Richy and the old 2019 spending spree off the FFP books means we should be able to spend something like 130 million. I really think a dominant CB and a good CM should be the priorities to just shore up the foundation of the team. Once you stop shipping goals and letting lesser sides dominate the middle of the pitch it makes things much easier for your forwards.

The 3 loans come back. Could Virgínia act as second choice keeper?

Contracts up and will be released: Kenny, Delph, Sigurðsson, Begović, Tosun, Lonergan

Loan returned: van der Beek (hopefully he will do well and we buy the lad), El Ghazi (back to Villa)

New contract for Mina.

Players for sale and we need to raise some cash to buy new players in particular a CB and a DM. The following players will be available for transfer. I am not saying all of them will be gone but we should get rid of most of them on perm. If not, loans. Holgate, Keane, Iwobi, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies and Rondón. Some of them may remain if there are no takers and they can be backups in the worst scenario.

I had hoped it was only one.
100% the worst signing of this club ever
Tosun to me is worse. The fact he is unwilling to go anywhere to play really makes me despise him. I mean if we loan him out his wages are covered so financially he is whole. He's just a lazy sack of crap who would rather get paid for doing nothing.

Iwobi wants to play, he is just not good.

I don't think there was much difference in what they actually cost (surely we have had to pay no add ons for Iwobi) so to me Tosun is worse.

He is a good young player but he is far from the most talented young player in the Championship. I'm interested as to why it's only Liverpool moving for him as 6 months ago he was being linked with Real Madrid and Dortmund. If we want to sign a young talent then that Keane Lewis-Potter the winger at Hull is the one to sign, his ceiling is massive, the only issue is that Hull City know how good he is going to be and they want BIG money.

How much is 'big money' ?

I saw this on the best young players in the championship, Carvalho wasnt mentioned.

The boy Hill at Fleetwood has been highly rated for a while now.

Just off the top of my head Gilmour around 10-15m as he's be entering the last year of contract Gallacher you'd be looking at 40m+ after the season he's having at Palace.

Would Gilmour go to a tribunal at the end of next season if he refused to sign an extension?

I suspect Chelsea may ask £10-15mil as you suggest, but perhaps with a buy back clause. That would be ok if it was £40-50mil+ and only active for two seasons.

Its unlikely he gets chances ahead of Kante/Jorginho.

As for Conor Gallagher, on the one hand I suspect they would want him in the squad now. But they have Kovacic, Havertz and Mount so they may be willing to loan out for a season or sell for the right price.

It wouldnt shock me to see him as our najor summer signing provided we can move squad players on.

Big question mark for me would be does Ali rediscover his form and does VdB play well enough thst we want to buy him.

Assuming a sale of Richy for 70m you'd be looking at roughly that to invest. Although feel we'd be very active in shipping out anyone who doesn't adjust to Lampards system, so maybe looking at 100m or circa that.

Looking at what we have now, i think we need:

A starting Centre back, Defensive midfielder and a box to box midfielder.

--we could tick two of those off with Gilmour and Gallagher.

An influx of young, high potential squad players needed to freshen things up.

If Alli can get his head together and his form back then we could do with a young player to rotate with him, and another for DCL.

We may be able to get away with those 5 players in the summer.

If Richarlison was sold then out wide we would have Gray, Gordon and Dobbin (plus Townsend and Iwobi). We could do with another player coming in there.

The good thing is that both this and next summer there are some very good players out of contract.

How much is 'big money' ?

I saw this on the best young players in the championship, Carvalho wasnt mentioned.

The boy Hill at Fleetwood has been highly rated for a while now.

Would Gilmour go to a tribunal at the end of next season if he refused to sign an extension?

I suspect Chelsea may ask £10-15mil as you suggest, but perhaps with a buy back clause. That would be ok if it was £40-50mil+ and only active for two seasons.

Its unlikely he gets chances ahead of Kante/Jorginho.

As for Conor Gallagher, on the one hand I suspect they would want him in the squad now. But they have Kovacic, Havertz and Mount so they may be willing to loan out for a season or sell for the right price.

It wouldnt shock me to see him as our najor summer signing provided we can move squad players on.

Looking at what we have now, i think we need:

A starting Centre back, Defensive midfielder and a box to box midfielder.

--we could tick two of those off with Gilmour and Gallagher.

An influx of young, high potential squad players needed to freshen things up.

If Alli can get his head together and his form back then we could do with a young player to rotate with him, and another for DCL.

We may be able to get away with those 5 players in the summer.

If Richarlison was sold then out wide we would have Gray, Gordon and Dobbin (plus Townsend and Iwobi). We could do with another player coming in there.

The good thing is that both this and next summer there are some very good players out of contract.

ffs

Basically in the summer I expect Richy to get sold for a lot. Meaning the priorities will be a top CB, CM, and striker/winger. Then someone to compete with DCL or play for him when hes out. IF the new fullbacks develop well, I expect we could compete with that.

Selling Richy and the old 2019 spending spree off the FFP books means we should be able to spend something like 130 million. I really think a dominant CB and a good CM should be the priorities to just shore up the foundation of the team. Once you stop shipping goals and letting lesser sides dominate the middle of the pitch it makes things much easier for your forwards.
We should in theory maybe have a bit more, if we can shift a few others. We save another 30mil from the free’s leaving. We may not get fortunes for these, but Mina will go also I think due to his contract and injuries.
Gomes, one of Holgate or Keane. Davies will also have a year left. Gbamin probably goes on loan. As I doubt anyone will get much for him , I’d shift Rondon and hopefully iwobi.
Rumours of Alan wanting to go back to Italy, also will have only a year left and apparently Sari wants him at Lazio

So potentially another 50mil plus . The mad thing is out of all them players I’ve named only Richarlison is a serious first team player. Mina would be but for injuries. And I know Allan is and I like him, just not sure he’s cut out for the league now at 31 and wouldn’t be a huge loss, the rest who cares.

Wouid be a huge overhaul though. You wouid be looking at maybe 2 CB’s, LB cover at least 2 CM’s maybe 3 if both Davies and Allan go. 2 wide players. One first choice and maybe an exciting youngster ( Johnson Forrest) to compete with gray and Gordon. And a quality CF to put pressure on DCL.

Serious loans for Dobbin, Branthwaite, one or two of the talented midfielders

So potentially 9 players

We should in theory maybe have a bit more, if we can shift a few others. We save another 30mil from the free’s leaving. We may not get fortunes for these, but Mina will go also I think due to his contract and injuries.
Gomes, one of Holgate or Keane. Davies will also have a year left. Gbamin probably goes on loan. As I doubt anyone will get much for him , I’d shift Rondon and hopefully iwobi.
Rumours of Alan wanting to go back to Italy, also will have only a year left and apparently Sari wants him at Lazio

So potentially another 50mil plus . The mad thing is out of all them players I’ve named only Richarlison is a serious first team player. Mina would be but for injuries. And I know Allan is and I like him, just not sure he’s cut out for the league now at 31 and wouldn’t be a huge loss, the rest who cares.

Wouid be a huge overhaul though. You wouid be looking at maybe 2 CB’s, LB cover at least 2 CM’s maybe 3 if both Davies and Allan go. 2 wide players. One first choice and maybe an exciting youngster ( Johnson Forrest) to compete with gray and Gordon. And a quality CF to put pressure on DCL.

Serious loans for Dobbin, Branthwaite, one or two of the talented midfielders

So potentially 9 players

I remember at Chelsea he wanted to move out alot of players as he preferred working with a small(er) squad.

Keeper: Would any of our current keepers take the 2 backup slots behind Pickford? Is Virginia going to return or will Sporting take the option to buy?

Defence: Will Lampard 'twist' and bring in a top class starter and a highly promising 4th choice to go with Godfrey and Branthwaite?

Is Nkounkou going to be an option at left back and will we bring in a right back to compete with Patterson.

Midfield: We now have Alli along with two units in Doucoure and Onyango. To set us up as a front foot attacking team he'll need to bring in 2 or 3 more midfielders.

Attack: We should have 5 players for the 3 positions; Richarlison, Gray, DCL, Gordon, Dobbin. Numbers wise we look fine aside from a player to rotate with DCL.

Certainly wouldnt loan out Branthwaite or Dobbin. Id prefer to have them as squad options and develop under Lampard.

Different way of playing under Lampard may benefit the attacking players + those in defence and midfield who can 'play'.

Lampard went with Gilmour and Jorginho in the DM role -- as deep lying playmakers. I think we will see a big overhaul of the midfield in the summer window.

He also used Tammy Abraham and Olivier Giroud up top. Id say DCL would likely be someone he would favour and hope that he and Alli gel.

Richarlison is a tricky one.
Hasn't Frank stated that he wants to build the team around DCL, so it looks like Dele is someone who could compliment DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back