Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyone saying we should conduct our transfer business like Brentford and Brighton and yet still complain when we get someone who both clubs signed...

He's reasonable squad depth and decent enough so, if the price is reasonable, I don't hate it.

Seems like we're progressing on deals for both Maupay AND Brereton Diaz, smart by the club. Both of them for around £25m-£30m improves the quality we'd have in the squad for forwards. I still think we'd be mad to not cash in on Gordon but they're also 2 players that we can probably bring in without having to worry about FFP or P+S, if that was the way though these 2 and probably Garner would see us finished in the window, outside of a loan that might become available in the last few days.

Think it would've been a very good window but think everyone would agree it should've been done earlier if these were the players we were after, spent too much time waiting for Broja in a deal that Chelsea had no interest in, that being said better late than never.

Maupay seems an odd choice to me, doesn't really fit as a replacement target man when Dom is out and unlike Diaz he doesn't really have a possible alternative role in the side when Dom is fit- unless it's 352. It does sound like they are valuing PL experience over Diaz's versatility though.

Why would they not get both?
Can't just be relying on rondon and maupay when DCL is inevitably injured again

Everyone saying we should conduct our transfer business like Brentford and Brighton and yet still complain when we get someone who both clubs signed...

He's reasonable squad depth and decent enough so, if the price is reasonable, I don't hate it.
To be fair signing players who’ve been through both of those clubs is kind of the opposite of doing business like they do, but I’m still very much onboard with this deal at the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back