Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maupay proven in the PL though mate, has shown he can score goals and by all accounts been a good player. Diaz is a big risk, so many Championship strikers can't hack it in the PL. He's also only had one good goal-scoring season so far, too big of a gamble at that price for me.
You may be right about Diaz. Only time will tell.

But you've been watching a totally different Neal Maupay to me over the last three seasons.

Likewise.

There's nothing to disagree with. As far as we know, we haven't signed Neal Maupay on a long term deal on ridiculous money.
Equally, as far as we know we have done exactly that.

If you're going to insist your speculation is true based on very limited reports, why can't others hold a contrary position?

You're high on hopium buddy, and when challenged on it you're rolling out insults.

Apparently the "system" (of a back 5) is the issue, not the fact that we have a massive lack of quality in the final 3rd when missing Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin back, Maupay as back up. We will be turning these results around.

View attachment 180347
But were any of those shots really that good that they should normally not have been stopped or saved?

No-one's been interested in buying him over the last 18 months and now Brighton are refusing to renew his contract. I'd say Potter and co have noticed, and are dealing with the issue as we speak.
Salernitana and Forest were reported as having bid for him ~£15m.
He won’t sign a new contract with Brighton as he has one year left.

Not a fan of Mykolenko, or our new £30m midfielder?
I'm not a fan of Myko in the LWB role Frank is currently using him in. But more than happy with him at left back, and think his future may be at LCB. I think as the season settles that will become his regular position.

Glad to see you are giving our new young midfielder plenty of time to bed in. Good for you. Hopefully we've got it right for once with him. Time will tell and I agree there is a lot of risk involved in the purchase. But he looks to be a real character. He was targeted by the Fleetwood thugs but loved the way he brushed himself down and kept going. Good signs for somebody so young. I don't think we'll see him go hiding like so many of our midfielders in recent seasons.

Equally, as far as we know we have done exactly that.

If you're going to insist your speculation is true based on very limited reports, why can't others hold a contrary position?

You're high on hopium buddy, and when challenged on it you're rolling out insults.
You haven't challenged me on anything mate ?.

Seems you're a bit too sensitive to be on a forum.

And if that's true, why are you getting angry at the club for something that probably hasn't happened? Reacting like it's been confirmed? It's bizarre.

That doesn't take away from my point. The quality of a lot of our shots have been very poor. Lampard even agreed in a recent press conference when asked about this.
Yep, I agree. Which is why we need DCL and another decent finisher. Because our quality in the final 3rd has been atrocious. But the system of itself isn't the major issue its made out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back