Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not categorizing him as Dominic Calvert-Lewin's replacement. As you rightly observe, he's not good enough now and isn't young enough that there's scope he might become so.

I'm pointing out that spending £15m on a backup striker who will sit on the bench when your main striker is fit, and then still sit on the bench when we desperately look for a replacement main striker next season, is stupid.
He is a different type of player to DCL. They will be on the pitch together a lot where he is supporting the main striker .

By Gray level output, do you mean going from Jan til the end of the season without scoring?

We won't be stronger by replacing Richarlison and Gordon with the likes of McNeil and Brereton Diaz, no matter what way it's shaped.
He's inconsistent for sure. But whilst you focus on the lean times he also had some very productive moments earlier in the season. The difference this season (depending on what we do in the rest of the transfer window) is that we will hopefully have alternatives so we don't need to use him when he's out if form or low on confidence.

He is a different type of player to Dominic Calvert-Lewin. They will be on the pitch together a lot where he is supporting the main striker .

Frank Lampard also says Chelsea have not bid £60m for striker Anthony Gordon.

"No, hasn't come in. He's our player so he's in the squad for tomorrow. He's a huge player for us.

"I said it last week not only is he a big value for the club. If you want to talk financially, but more importantly for me a big value to the squad and the team.

"They haven't bid £60m."

You seem a bit more positive today mate. I didn't like the negative version of you that was sneeking in over the last few days.

Hope the Maupay signing goes through as it seems to have lifted the mood in here a bit. Well for most anyway?
I am mate, the doubts ingrained over the past decade plus always come out.

But Maupay signing - again with nothing leaked out and other names doing the circuit instead restored a fair bit of belief we are finally doing things the correct way on signings.

Also feeling way more positive that Gordon will stay too now, loved Lampard effectively say today I've worked with players who went on to be worth triple figure millions, this lad is in the same quality.

Get in Kudos, get in Garner and another forward, get in some random Brucie Bonus out the blue

We should be wary of buying 18 year old with 4 caps for Italy?

Regardless, I have no idea who this Gnoto guy is, but any 18 year old with full Italian caps is going nowhere for £5m.
Plays in Switzerland and Leeds first bid was 3 million. It won't cost much more than 5 to actually get him. No idea if he is any good myself but seems like one of those signings where we could look back with hindsight and go "why on earth was he allowed to join Leeds for that much?"

In my simple mind process, the Richarlison money went on McNeil and Onana and if Gordon was sold, that money would be spent on a selection of Maupey, Gueye etc. If Gordon stays (and the odds are shortening alot), I hope the club remember the FFP rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back