Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point was "we're obviously offering him huge money to come here".

And that's simply not obvious nor speculated.

Then you spat your dummy out.

How very robust.
It certainly IS speculation. Unless you're going to now say it's fact, which I notably did not do.

Until the facts emerge, it's a reasonable suspicion that we've offered Maupay a big wage. Why? We have a track record for doing exactly that, we're close to the end of the window and running out of time, and he's refused to sign a new contract at Brighton. Context, sir.

Care to point out the dummy-spitting? Quote the post if you like.

Surely it was either Diaz and Maupay as I cannot see us signing both. If Gordon were to go, we need a winger (Pedro) and hopefully bring in Gana, Garner and Kudus and offload the beautiful Gomes to space.
I think it’s going to be a choice of either Broja or Diaz, in addition to Maupay. If we are progressing with Diaz deal looks like chelsea won’t let Broja leave so we’ve moved on.

Needs to be an absolutely enormous offer now to be considered. Like something truly un-rejectable. Maybe something over 60m with a loan player thrown in.

I'm leaning towards the idea he will stay, but it will depend on how desperately Chelsea want him.
I'm fine either way with 2 proviso's. If we sell him we spend the money wisely. If we keep him, we are still able to bring in the players we need, even if on loan. That being another striker on top of Maupay (happy with Diaz), some creativity (would love Kudus) and another DM (Garner or Gana).

It certainly IS speculation. Unless you're going to now say it's fact, which I notably did not do.

Until the facts emerge, it's a reasonable suspicion that we've offered Maupay a big wage. Why? We have a track record for doing exactly that, we're close to the end of the window and running out of time, and he's refused to sign a new contract at Brighton. Context, sir.

There's a reason multiple people are challenging you on your posts, perhaps have a think about why that is.

A reasonable suspicion is very different to saying it's "obviously" happened and then wringing about it like it's fact. None of our transfer business this summer has involved giving players ludicrous wages.

I don’t know how cool you guys think this looks to other people but I’m here to tell you that it, in fact, doesn’t.

For what it’s worth I highly doubt we’ve offered Maupay an “Everton” wage. Part of why we’ll have settled on a scrapper like him rather than shot for something more exciting is probably overall affordability.

I see what you do and like it sir.

Yes he’s impressed clearly my Lewy Warro but indicates clearly a loan will be preferable for his development arc. I’m guessing that would be at Championship level.

Given Simms, Dobbin both went to that level I'd say yup Championship would be what we aim for.

Interesting who comes in - on current form it's more likely to be someone not currently being one of the ones touted (Gueye/Garner)

Hope Warrington gets a well suited loan and really kicks on, Lampard certainly seemed to really rate him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back