Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all!! It’s Friday and nothing can go wrong. Great to see a galvanised team spirit amongst the GOT forum faithful! Keep it going and have a good one.

Everton are in advanced talks with Brighton over a deal for French forward Neal Maupay, 26. (Sky Sports)

Everton are closing in on signing Neal Maupay from Brighton, with the club in “advanced talks” over a deal, Dharmesh Sheth and Alan Myers report.

Tottenham Hotspur may have a trick up their sleeve in the pursuit of Everton winger Anthony Gordon, according to reputable journalist Pete O’Rourke

Paul Merson has suggested on SportsKeeda that Everton winger and reported Tottenham Hotspur target Anthony Gordon should not join Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea in the summer transfer window.

The former Arsenal star believes that Gordon would be tempted to leave Everton for Chelsea in the summer transfer window.

Merson wrote on SportsKeeda: “This transfer window is going to be a hard one for Anthony Gordon. He’s Everton’s superstar, in a sense, and he’s got his head turned. “I think he’ll leave for Chelsea tomorrow morning if he has the chance. But I don’t think he’d play for them anywhere near as often as he could for Everton - nothing about Chelsea ruining the transfer window……

Chelsea target Anthony Gordon has ‘agreed personal terms’ with the club ahead of a potential move, according to journalist Simon Phillips.

The Athletic have reported that Gordon has informed Everton boss Frank Lampard that he wishes to depart his boyhood club and sign for Chelsea ahead of September’s deadline.

In an interview with GiveMeSport, Phillips said: “Gordon himself has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, and he wants to move obviously; that’s quite common knowledge now.

“He’s not going to do anything to push it. I don’t think he’s going to go Wesley Fofana levels on it.”

Everton are reportedly closing in on the signing of Blackburn’s Ben Brereton Diaz.

90Min has claimed that the Toffees have put together a deal that would see them pay an initial £17.5m. The deal also contains add-ons which would take the overall fee to around £20m, added the report.

Everton have expressed interest in bringing in David Harrington as a young backup keeper but their efforts have fallen short.

The negotiation between Everton and Cork City has been cut short with Harrington lobbying to stay put for the season according to the Irish Examiner. Harrington, just 22-years old, was an academy graduate for his Irish club. His contract expires before the end of the year so a move is likely even if it is through a free transfer to another club.

Everton midfielder Dele Alli has joined Besiktas on a season-long loan, saying he "can't wait" to play in Turkey's top division

"For the first time, I will play football outside England," Alli said

"This is amazing stuff. I am very excited to start work as soon as possible. It will be a new challenge for me, I can't wait for it."

Besiktas have said they will not pay a loan fee to Everton but there is an option to buy included in the deal.

Cardiff City are targeting Everton defender Niels Nkounkou on loan.

The 21-year-old left back is poised to join the Champion ship club on a season-long loan. (BBC)

Everton's Jean-Philippe Gbamin has arrived in Turkey to complete a move to Trabzonspor.

Footage from fotomac shows the 26-year-old arriving at the airport in Istanbul, as he told the news outlet: "I feel great. It's a chance for me to play here. I'm grateful they gave me this chance. I'm very happy."

Serie A side Salernitana are 'in talks' with Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi, according to reports.

Sky in Italy claim they would like to buy the player, while the London club are hoping to loan him out.

Everton, along with Wolves and Leeds United, are among the clubs to be linked with the Belgium international this summer.
This is brilliant stuff every morning...Thank You...

In my simple mind process, the Richarlison money went on McNeil and Onana and if Gordon was sold, that money would be spent on a selection of Maupey, Gueye etc. If Gordon stays (and the odds are shortening alot), I hope the club remember the FFP rules.

Even if we pay 15m all this season for Maupay (we won't be even close to doing that).

Then if you believe the reports we offered to match the MGW transfer it means we had roughly 25m we could offer in terms if structured deals.

Even if you think nope we have zero available.

Then moving Dele on loan and not having to pay half his wages or the 10m we'd have to hd e set side minimum, and moving Gbamin on loan, means we've likely made room in P&S of around 17-18m by those two deals alone.

Lampard says the 60m bid never happened FWIW
Most likely true Tim or he wouldn't have said it. Doesn't mean it hasn't been proposed behind the scenes.

Getting very late. You would hope if it does go through we have the replacements ready to come in and not just "feelers out". Nobody knows really and that adds to the frustration.

No-one's been interested in buying him over the last 18 months and now Brighton are refusing to renew his contract. I'd say Potter and co have noticed, and are dealing with the issue as we speak.
That's not true though is it. According to their own fan sites they have been in discussions over new contract for 18 months but player is stalling.

Most likely true Tim or he wouldn't have said it. Doesn't mean it hasn't been proposed behind the scenes.

Getting very late. You would hope if it does go through we have the replacements ready to come in and not just "feelers out". Nobody knows really and that adds to the frustration.

Needs to be an absolutely enormous offer now to be considered. Like something truly un-rejectable. Maybe something over 60m with a loan player thrown in.

I'm leaning towards the idea he will stay, but it will depend on how desperately Chelsea want him.

You haven't challenged me on anything mate ?.

Seems you're a bit too sensitive to be on a forum.

And if that's true, why are you getting angry at the club for something that probably hasn't happened? Reacting like it's been confirmed? It's bizarre.
Not sure you've actually understood the points I've raised.

Never mind. Robust debate is not for everyone. Good day to you sir.

Not sure you've actually understood the points I've raised.

Never mind. Robust debate is not for everyone. Good day to you sir.
Your point was "we're obviously offering him huge money to come here".

And that's simply not obvious nor speculated.

Then you spat your dummy out.

How very robust.

He is a different type of player to Dominic Calvert-Lewin. They will be on the pitch together a lot where he is supporting the main striker .
Okay, I can see that.

But then next summer when DCL leaves, what then? We have to spend big on a striker to replace him because Maupay can't play up front by himself or lead a two-man attack.

It's an unwise purchase in my book. Hope I'm wrong, we'll find out in about 30 games' time.

Plays in Switzerland and Leeds first bid was 3 million. It won't cost much more than 5 to actually get him. No idea if he is any good myself but seems like one of those signings where we could look back with hindsight and go "why on earth was he allowed to join Leeds for that much?"
How has he got 4 full caps for Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back