Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The player is stalling because?

Perhaps he's after more money than Brighton are willing to pay him?
Possibly, or perhaps more playing time even. But we have absolutely no idea what Brighton offered or what we may have for that matter. There hasn't even been any speculation.

But that wasn't the point I was making. It was you're statement that Brighton haven't offered a new contract.

Last edited:
I'll get my knob out if we start a single game this season with that formation.

Having said that, it isn't relegation fodder. Won't pull trees up either mind you, but it doesn't have to be one or the other.
@Sassy Colombian will be asking for pics here, Fred.

Wants Frank gets his last couple of players in all formations will be played. Mark my undy elastic loosening words!

In terms of workrate and end product he does indeed replace Richy yes - over the past three seasons they've scored similar amounts.

Maupay is pretty much a shoe in for 8-10.

So question is right now we've lost absolutely no one if relevance besides Richy so why if Maupay does arrive are we weaker?
I would argue that Maupay doesn't do the other things that Richarlison does for the team as well. Furthermore, we survived by the skin of our teeth last year and have had a worse start this year, so we not only need to be as strong as last year we need to be stronger and Maupay ain't it.

No-one's been interested in buying him over the last 18 months and now Brighton are refusing to renew his contract. I'd say Potter and co have noticed, and are dealing with the issue as we speak.
Inaccurate. He's been offered new contracts and hasn't signed.

Lampard said in his press conference that he’s not prepared to sign players “on a whim and in a rush” and repeat the mistakes of the past at Everton so perhaps that’s on him rather than the board, and all those gnashing their teeth in threads now are the problem?

He's towing the party line, he should have been throwing the board under the bus

Lampard said in his press conference that he’s not prepared to sign players “on a whim and in a rush” and repeat the mistakes of the past at Everton so perhaps that’s on him rather than the board, and all those gnashing their teeth in threads now are the problem?
I'm guessing he's had enough time with these players to bit want to repeat the mistakes and to try clear the dross out not add to it

He looked to be sincere and speaking his own mind mate, anyone saying different is injecting their agenda onto Lampard which would just be weird.

Doesn't ever come across as someone who'll day something that's not his own thoughts.

He's pretty good at brushing off awkward questions as well, so when he answers clearly can bet your house it's what he believes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back