Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re injecting your agenda onto Lampard and his own words there mate. Perhaps the world is not as you see it?
There was definitely a hint of either Transfer Deadline needs to be prior to season kick off or a veiled hint at frustration from him, who really could blame for either opinion, we have felt it for years.

He is a likeable chap and i feel he will do well for us given the right support both from Board and Us as fans but I will dare to say that he will also have a PR consultant advising him of right and wrong things to say.

Either way UTFT as we move further into the future of a Positive Everton experience.

I don't see it as hysteria, I see it as very average planning and poor decision making. I think it was totally absurd to be planning to rely on Calvert Lewin's fitness. The lad needs help to take the pressure off him, and we needed a signing well before his injury.
No mate. They were clearly planning striking additions to DCL but his injury threw them a curveball 3 weeks ago.

No mate. They were clearly planning striking additions to Dominic Calvert-Lewin but his injury threw them a curveball 3 weeks ago.

It made things harder, but we needed options before the injury and should have been better prepared. The season started only a couple of days after the injury, so we weren't exactly well prepared.

I think a lot of people have a misconception about maupay he not a standard striker hes like richie albeit not as a good he has been utilized as a striker a lot but he has the attributes to play anywhere on a forward line. In my mind hes not going to be sitting on the bench when dcl comes back he'll be playing another role alongside him. We need additional attacking options but I think he's a solid addition.

I really like Lampard mate, will he succeed here, who knows, but he's exactly what we have been crying out for as a boss for years now. Still feel we'd have gone last year with nearly any other manager and we got very very lucky with getting him almost by proxy
Will he succeed anywhere is still the question

It made things harder, but we needed options before the injury and should have been better prepared. The season started only a couple of days after the injury, so we weren't exactly well prepared.
They were clearly doing what pretty much every other club is doing and chasing specific targets that won’t become available until later in the window mate, which is why if you listen to his conference with an open mind he’s berating the transfer deadline being so late into the season.

They were clearly doing what pretty much every other club is doing and chasing specific targets that won’t become available until later in the window mate, which is why if you listen to his conference with an open mind he’s berating the transfer deadline being so late into the season.

Oh I agree on that point alright. The window should shut on the deadline for registration for week one. The only reason it stays open is to benefit the three of four big sides in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back