Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for me Maupay is back up / together with DCL up top
I still hope for Diaz as he seems more equipped to play on the left to replace Richy
An attacking midfielder: Kudus, but i am fearing Ajax wont play ball and on deadline day the boy from Wavetree appears :)
Gana or Garner
Gordon stays hopefully
At least 1 of Gomes/Alan to leave in addtion to Gbamin/Nkoukou completing their moves.

Then i'd say it is a good window

Okay, I can see that.

But then next summer when Dominic Calvert-Lewin leaves, what then? We have to spend big on a striker to replace him because Maupay can't play up front by himself or lead a two-man attack.

It's an unwise purchase in my book. Hope I'm wrong, we'll find out in about 30 games' time.
'When' ?

So for me Maupay is back up / together with Dominic Calvert-Lewin up top
I still hope for Diaz as he seems more equipped to play on the left to replace Richy
An attacking midfielder: Kudus, but i am fearing Ajax wont play ball and on deadline day the boy from Wavetree appears :)
Gana or Garner
Gordon stays hopefully
At least 1 of Gomes/Alan to leave in addtion to Gbamin/Nkoukou completing their moves.

Then i'd say it is a good window

Barkley won't happen for sure.

Think both Allan and Gomes are gone mate.

And seriously doubt Gueye arrives now too.

I really like Lampard mate, will he succeed here, who knows, but he's exactly what we have been crying out for as a boss for years now. Still feel we'd have gone last year with nearly any other manager and we got very very lucky with getting him almost by proxy
Agreed mate. We’ve proven that sacking managers to fire new ones as soon as we hit troubled water only creates the damaging boom bust cycle that has created this current Everton fighting to stay in the division.

Any fans heaping hysteria and pressure upon Lampard from this point on is very much part of the problem and as damaging as the leadership of the club. We seen the difference a supportive fanbase can make in the extra inches of crucial performance at the end of last season. Any reasonable blue’s duty on here is to stifle out the agitators causing unrest in our fanbase towards the Manager and either make them change their toxic ways or turn pariah.

I sensed last week he was extremely frustrated and he was trying to avoid answering questions. No chance is he happy that it's taken to 26th August to get some sort of attacking reinforcements in the door.
You’re injecting your agenda onto Lampard and his own words there mate. Perhaps the world is not as you see it?

Agreed mate. We’ve proven that sacking managers to fire new ones as soon as we hit troubled water only creates the damaging boom bust cycle that has created this current Everton fighting to stay in the division.

Any fans heaping hysteria and pressure upon Lampard from this point on is very much part of the problem and as damaging as the leadership of the club. We seen the difference a supportive fanbase can make in the extra inches of crucial performance at the end of last season. Any reasonable blue’s duty on here is to stifle out the agitators causing unrest in our fanbase towards the Manager and either make them change their toxic ways or turn pariah.
I blame the wools in the St End myself.

aXr1YzD_460s.jpg

Lampard said in his press conference that he’s not prepared to sign players “on a whim and in a rush” and repeat the mistakes of the past at Everton so perhaps that’s on him rather than the board, and all those gnashing their teeth in threads now are the problem?
Well there is a balance here that it's vital especially when there are so many games played before deadline day. There needs to be proper planning especially when they knew since last season that richy would have needed to be sold. Having no attackers or even attacking players on the bench tomorrow potentially for me is simply not acceptable for a professional football club.

I don't think it's a leap to think he planned to get a forward replacement less than 56 days after selling Richarlison.
I don't think it's a leap to think he planned to get a forward replacement less than 56 days after selling Richarlison.
It’s been since the DCL injury that the need has been rushed mate, that injury was just over 3 weeks ago. As I said, agenda skews reality. Be a little more objective, I’m frustrated with our start to the season too but the continual hysteria doesn’t help anyone really.

Well there is a balance here that it's vital especially when there are so many games played before deadline day. There needs to be proper planning especially when they knew since last season that richy would have needed to be sold. Having no attackers or even attacking players on the bench tomorrow potentially for me is simply not acceptable for a professional football club.
As above mate.

It’s been since the Dominic Calvert-Lewin injury that the need has been rushed mate, that injury was just over 3 weeks ago. As I said, agenda skews reality. Be a little more objective, I’m frustrated with our start to the season too but the continual hysteria doesn’t help anyone really.

I don't see it as hysteria, I see it as very average planning and poor decision making. I think it was totally absurd to be planning to rely on Calvert Lewin's fitness. The lad needs help to take the pressure off him, and we needed a signing well before his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back