Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where people are getting the 12 goals a season from. He averages 9 league goal a season from 38 games based on the past three seasons.

Ultimately it's still all about DCL as Maupay upfront on his own will not get it done. Other than not particularly rating him, this is what's so odd about this signing. Plus he has been out of the starting XI for all three league games at Brighton whilst they have been flying so why wasn't he signed 3-4 weeks back if he was the first or second choice striker?

It all seems a bit random and desperate. If we played 442 and intended to play him off a lump like Chris Wood then ok I understand. But does this mean 352 now and if so, what happens to Gray and Gordon (presuming the latter stays)? Presumably Gordon as a #10 and Gray dropped even though without Richarlison, he's the only player in the squad, other than perhaps Gordon, who can regularly create his own chance and shot? The others rely on service and whilst Dele disappointed he didn't have much to feed off. I appreciate DCL requires service but he's fantastic in the air - Maupay will not be scoring many headers. Perhaps he's being bought as a sub to chuck in a front two with 20-25 minutes remaining.

It all seems rather odd to me.

Pretty sure there’s no way Everton would loan Keane to another club that could relegate them. A decent money offer could tempt Everton though for sure, unlock finances for another target and allow contingencies.
But as mac said he would basically be a manchurian candidate double agent that benefits us by being included in their defense. I think keane playing would increase their chances of being relegated

I don't see it as hysteria, I see it as very average planning and poor decision making. I think it was totally absurd to be planning to rely on Calvert Lewin's fitness. The lad needs help to take the pressure off him, and we needed a signing well before his injury.
Let's be honest, average planning is light years above what w have done over the last decade

No way I'm loaning Keane to a club that's playing Steve Cook centre half. Make them pay 40m
Yeah, their best centre back is probably Niakhate and he’s now out for a good while injured. Got to be cynical and treat bad luck for relegation rivals as good luck for us, and not help them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back