Sam Johnstone (29) Free

OUT
Richarlison £60m (£100k pw)
Pickford £45m (£100k pw)
Mina £5m (£120k pw)
Gomes £5m (£120k pw)
Allan £5m (£60k pw)
Gbamin £3m (£50k pw)
Sigurdsson - contract expires (£100k pw)
Delph - contract expires (£90k pw)
Tosun - contract expires (£60k pw)
Van Der Beek - back to United (£?k pw)
El Ghazi - off to wherever(£?k pw)

£45m spent, £123m received and big money saved on wages (though we may have to subsidise wages of Mina, Gomes, Allan and Gbamin). If the figures above are close to the figures we are paying those players then getting that group off the wage bill will amount to over £800+k per week, that is £40+m per annum. Yes we'll have to pay the incoming players big wages but nothing close to £40m, assuming we've learned something from the last few years.
Won't be getting tarkowski and certainly don't want coady.

Mina and Allan will both go for more than 5m.

If pickford does go, we will want better than Johnstone imo. Could see us going after Leno or someone.

Whatever way you look at the squad, you end up needing a load of incomings and outgoings. We’ve been so poor, that there’s literally no downside to a complete overhaul. We need to be more ruthless with contracts and change.

We have so many players who don’t fit any coherent style. The midfield is a complete mess with Gomes, Davies, Delph and VDB all either going or should go this summer.

Delph has shown a lot of quality and has been one of our best players recently, but he’s rarely available and his wages are too high to make it worth him being kept on. Gomes and Davies have lower stock than ever right now, but neither offer enough and should be out on loan if no decent offers come up.

We need to build with Lampard’s attacking style and the right players, and I’m hoping Dele can be central to that if we can get the right players around him.

The biggest question mark is whether DCL or Richarlison stay. Assuming it’s Richarlison who goes, I think we end up with:

1505D68E-7083-4773-8B1F-0A46250220D2.jpeg

Players to go:
Frees / loans ending
Rondon - a year left on his deal, but give him away! £50k a week
Tosun £75k a week
Delph £100k a week
Sigurdsson £120k a week
Kenny £20k a week
Donny £100k a week
El Ghazi £30k a week

Loans out
Gomes (out on loan) - high wages, low stock, not good enough - £120k a week, half covered by the loan
Davies (out on loan) - low stock, bad time to sell - £50k a week
Branthwaite (out on loan) - needs game time, loan him out to a promoted team or Norwich as part of a deal for Aarons - £30k a week, not covered by the loan

Sales
Mina (great player but we’ve relied on injury prone players for too long) - £10m - £120k a week
Richarlison - big fee, £70m? £120k a week
Kean - £30m to Juve, apparently being completed a year early in trade for losing the second year’s loan fee - £60k a week

That’s over £100m in sales brought in, and £900k pw in wages saved. I’ve left Townsend out as I think he’ll be kept around after he’s recovered from his injury.

Who do we sign? No idea personally as I’m sure being threatened with relegation until this week has taken us out of any chance of the likes of Kamara.

This would give us a lot of budget to play with and build from scratch though, and we have to make use of the loan market to plug gaps cheaply.

IN
Sander Berge (24) or James Garner (21) £15m
Billy Gilmour (20) £10m
Conor Gallagher (20) or Cole Palmer (20) loan
Conor Coady (29) £20m
James Tarkowski (29) Free
Sam Johnstone (29) Free

OUT
Richarlison £60m (£100k pw)
Pickford £45m (£100k pw)
Mina £5m (£120k pw)
Gomes £5m (£120k pw)
Allan £5m (£60k pw)
Gbamin £3m (£50k pw)
Sigurdsson - contract expires (£100k pw)
Delph - contract expires (£90k pw)
Tosun - contract expires (£60k pw)
Van Der Beek - back to United (£?k pw)
El Ghazi - off to wherever(£?k pw)

£45m spent, £123m received and big money saved on wages (though we may have to subsidise wages of Mina, Gomes, Allan and Gbamin). If the figures above are close to the figures we are paying those players then getting that group off the wage bill will amount to over £800+k per week, that is £40+m per annum. Yes we'll have to pay the incoming players big wages but nothing close to £40m, assuming we've learned something from the last few years.
20m for Conor Coady? Please mate.

Whatever way you look at the squad, you end up needing a load of incomings and outgoings. We’ve been so poor, that there’s literally no downside to a complete overhaul. We need to be more ruthless with contracts and change.

We have so many players who don’t fit any coherent style. The midfield is a complete mess with Gomes, Davies, Delph and VDB all either going or should go this summer.

Delph has shown a lot of quality and has been one of our best players recently, but he’s rarely available and his wages are too high to make it worth him being kept on. Gomes and Davies have lower stock than ever right now, but neither offer enough and should be out on loan if no decent offers come up.

We need to build with Lampard’s attacking style and the right players, and I’m hoping Dele can be central to that if we can get the right players around him.

The biggest question mark is whether DCL or Richarlison stay. Assuming it’s Richarlison who goes, I think we end up with:

View attachment 167038

Players to go:
Frees / loans ending
Tosun £75k a week
Delph £100k a week
Sigurdsson £120k a week
Kenny £20k a week
Donny £100k a week
El Ghazi £30k a week

Loans out
Gomes (out on loan) - high wages, low stock, not good enough - £120k a week, half covered by the loan
Branthwaite (out on loan) - needs game time, loan him out to a promoted team or Norwich as part of a deal for Aarons - £30k a week, not covered by the loan

Sales
Mina (great player but we’ve relied on injury prone players for too long) - £10m - £120k a week
Kean - £30m to Juve, apparently being completed a year early in trade for losing the second year’s loan fee - £60k a week

That’s over £100m in sales brought in, and £900k pw in wages saved. I’ve left Townsend out as I think he’ll be kept around after he’s recovered from his injury.

Who do we sign? No idea personally as I’m sure being threatened with relegation until this week has taken us out of any chance of the likes of Kamara.

This would give us a lot of budget to play with and build from scratch though, and we have to make use of the loan market to plug gaps cheaply.
This is the best/most realistic assessment I’ve seen.

View attachment 167038

Players to go:
Frees / loans ending
Tosun £75k a week
Delph £100k a week
Sigurdsson £120k a week
Kenny £20k a week
Donny £100k a week
El Ghazi £30k a week

Loans out

Sales

Just say no to 4-2-3-1

I think it has the potential to be an underwhelming summer if not careful.

I imagine we will finally get rid of Moise Kean and one of if not both of our main ‘stars’ in DCL and richarlison will go along with our array of players whose contracts expire.

. I can see us looking at the free agent market for some stop gaps with premier league experience to tide us over as we progress out of ffp- tarkowski, nketiah…

. Any money I think needs to go on hungry up and coming talent. Johnson from forest is the standout out there in the attacking areas.

. Complete overhaul of the centre midfield area is needed. I’d be trying everything to get rid of allan/gomes/gbamin/Davies/Delph - don’t think any of these are good enough and a big part of why we have struggled so badly. A couple of players who have energy, can run, stay fit and have some quality surely aren’t out of our reach…

. If Richarlison and Dcl go then that’s a lot of our goals going with them. Big ask to make the right signings to replace them up top. I reckon we get another season out of DCL

So basically we need an entire new centre midfield, new centre back, potentially 2/3 new attackers…yeah good luck with that frank.

…I’d also get rid of dele, there’s no way he is worth upwards of 30/40 mill to us.

Look at the calibre of players we signed/sold last summer then where we finished. We need quality and badly

Just say no to 4-2-3-1

Formations are funny though, meaningless most of the time as the personnel and style makes one 4-2-3-1 look completely different to the next.

I’m not a fan of two truly defensive midfielders in that formation, I think it’s overkill and that’s why Doucoure alongside a proper CDM would be my preference.

Personally it just seems like we don’t have any clear set of players for a recognisable style of football.

I’ve used Palace as an example before, they did a complete clear out (8 in, 8 out) and have played brilliant football at times. They’re a great example that a big style and personnel change can happen while improving.

I think it has the potential to be an underwhelming summer if not careful.

I imagine we will finally get rid of Moise Kean and one of if not both of our main ‘stars’ in DCL and richarlison will go along with our array of players whose contracts expire.

. I can see us looking at the free agent market for some stop gaps with premier league experience to tide us over as we progress out of ffp- tarkowski, nketiah…

. Any money I think needs to go on hungry up and coming talent. Johnson from forest is the standout out there in the attacking areas.

. Complete overhaul of the centre midfield area is needed. I’d be trying everything to get rid of allan/gomes/gbamin/Davies/Delph - don’t think any of these are good enough and a big part of why we have struggled so badly. A couple of players who have energy, can run, stay fit and have some quality surely aren’t out of our reach…

. If Richarlison and Dcl go then that’s a lot of our goals going with them. Big ask to make the right signings to replace them up top. I reckon we get another season out of DCL

So basically we need an entire new centre midfield, new centre back, potentially 2/3 new attackers…yeah good luck with that frank.

…I’d also get rid of dele, there’s no way he is worth upwards of 30/40 mill to us.

ffs we won’t sell dcl and richy

View attachment 167038

Players to go:
Frees / loans ending
Tosun £75k a week
Delph £100k a week
Sigurdsson £120k a week
Kenny £20k a week
Donny £100k a week
El Ghazi £30k a week

Loans out

Sales

Completely forgot about Gbamin in this. Two years left on his deal, which is probably £70k a week.

He’ll be out on another loan for the next two years where we may recoup half of his wages, but it all really adds up.

For some reason I think Frank could be shopping at Chelsea a bit this season, he obviously knows a lot of them, I`m thinking the likes of Barkley, Loftus-Cheek and Conor Gallagher.

Rumour has it that he is keen on Levi Colwill who is on loan at Huddersfield.

The squad is garbage and a total mess.

We know Tosun, Delph, Gylfi, Kenny, Van De Beek and El Ghazi are gone.

Coleman is finished realistically, Mina is an absolute crock, Gomes is shot as a footballer and needs punting and it could be argued that the likes of Keane, Holgate, Allan need to go too. Davies just isn’t good enough and Alli needs to show he gives a toss.

Richarlison if he has any ambition will want to leave, possibly Pickford too.

Don’t think I’ve seen such a mess of a squad before.

Status
Not open for further replies.