Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day after the championship play off final we should be on the phone to Huddersfield if they don’t come up to get O’Brien or Forest if they don’t come up to get Johnson.

With Alli don’t you think he deserves more of a chance? We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes and to me it looks like he could have been bought for next season, is he the type you would buy for a relegation battle I think not, but he was obviously available on a deal that would suit us so I wondering that’s why we got him. We’ve seen one proper glimpse of him here, he came on for Gomes an massively helped to save our PL status. I want to see us use him next season.

At 40 o don’t think he is worth the risk, he literally did nothing for us for 4 months and couldn’t break into the worst everyone team in loving me memory .

With his past attitude problems , with. A few different managers already trying to redsurect him, I would rather move him on and record a profit.

He is much more likely to end up in the bolasie , walcott , gomes pile ( unable to sell and on massive wages) and for that reason I’d sell

We have no idea what terms the contract between Everton and Spurs for the "purchase" of Alli contains.

Given the business acumen of Levy I'd be astonished if they gave him away and we were allowed to sell for a profit.

If that’s true and we bought a player for 40m that has done nothing for 2-3 years and was apparently not training correctly and was unable to get along with any manager since poch and had been publicly crixisoed by his manager … for 40m … that is ridiculous. He will be on massive wages and so far has been unable to start for a team that was struggling in the bottom 3 a couple of weeks ago

Jordan Pickford’s stock will never be higher following those incredible saves to keep us up.

So it’s for that reason that I’d cash in on him to bankroll the rebuild.

Pickford is a proper “highlights reel” keeper; he makes some incredible saves, but his bread & butter stuff is shocking. Constantly berates defence, causes utter panic in the backline whenever we face a corner kick, and cannot receive back passes without shanking them into the stand.

Sell him for a huge sum, buy a decent but reliable goalie, then invest the rest elsewhere in the team.

I think he’s matured a lot tbh and is excellent atm, definitely don’t have anyone springing to mind that we could attract that would be better than him. I wouldn’t get rid of him as I remember what it’s like having a crap keeper and it’s not nice .

I think we will be using a model of going for cheaper young players from lower down the league. Players who will run all game and have potential. Then probably a couple of more established players to come in on loan.
Can’t see us spending serious money.

IN
Sander Berge (24) or James Garner (21) £15m
Billy Gilmour (20) £10m
Conor Gallagher (20) or Cole Palmer (20) loan
Conor Coady (29) £20m
James Tarkowski (29) Free
Sam Johnstone (29) Free

OUT
Richarlison £60m (£100k pw)
Pickford £45m (£100k pw)
Mina £5m (£120k pw)
Gomes £5m (£120k pw)
Allan £5m (£60k pw)
Gbamin £3m (£50k pw)
Sigurdsson - contract expires (£100k pw)
Delph - contract expires (£90k pw)
Tosun - contract expires (£60k pw)
Van Der Beek - back to United (£?k pw)
El Ghazi - off to wherever(£?k pw)

£45m spent, £123m received and big money saved on wages (though we may have to subsidise wages of Mina, Gomes, Allan and Gbamin). If the figures above are close to the figures we are paying those players then getting that group off the wage bill will amount to over £800+k per week, that is £40+m per annum. Yes we'll have to pay the incoming players big wages but nothing close to £40m, assuming we've learned something from the last few years.

IN
Billy Gilmour (20) £10m
Conor Coady (29) £20m
Sam Johnstone (29) Free

OUT
Pickford £45m (£100k pw)
Mina £5m (£120k pw)
Gomes £5m (£120k pw)
Allan £5m (£60k pw)
Gbamin £3m (£50k pw)

£45m spent, £123m received and big money saved on wages (though we may have to subsidise wages of Mina, Gomes, Allan and Gbamin). If the figures above are close to the figures we are paying those players then getting that group off the wage bill will amount to over £800+k per week, that is £40+m per annum. Yes we'll have to pay the incoming players big wages but nothing close to £40m, assuming we've learned something from the last few years.

What a horrendous window that would be.

IN
Billy Gilmour (20) £10m
Conor Coady (29) £20m
Sam Johnstone (29) Free

OUT
Pickford £45m (£100k pw)
Mina £5m (£120k pw)
Gomes £5m (£120k pw)
Allan £5m (£60k pw)
Gbamin £3m (£50k pw)

Hello darkness my old friend

Status
Not open for further replies.