Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Pickford’s stock will never be higher following those incredible saves to keep us up.

So it’s for that reason that I’d cash in on him to bankroll the rebuild.

Pickford is a proper “highlights reel” keeper; he makes some incredible saves, but his bread & butter stuff is shocking. Constantly berates defence, causes utter panic in the backline whenever we face a corner kick, and cannot receive back passes without shanking them into the stand.

Sell him for a huge sum, buy a decent but reliable goalie, then invest the rest elsewhere in the team.

I still don't see who buys him tbh given all the top teams are set with keepers.

Perhaps Arsenal would've been interested a year ago but Ramsdale has done surprisingly well this season.

Spurs are signing Sam Johnstone before someone mentions them.

Newcastle want Dean Henderson and he'd probably get attacked anytime he went back to Sunderland if he signed for them.

He isn't going anywhere to sit on the bench in world cup year either.

DCL is the obvious sell for me but get the feeling it will be Richarlison and you lose so much in final third with his workrate and spikyness. Plus goals at crucial moments so him being replaced effectively will be hard work.

Cant lie it pisses me off how good Brighton in midfield are compared to Everton. They manage to dominate many games in the middle of the pitch and all the players look comfortable. No idea what the difference in cost was but i doubt it was anywhere near ours as their top signing was the lad from salzburg at around 20m i think.
Why are we so dam abysmal at recruiting.

Also got a miles better defence. Cucurella being looked at by Man. City apparently and Lewis Dunk would walk into this team but he's their captain so no reason to leave.

Said before but I'd like to see a move for Tariq Lamptey. Patterson could be brilliant but given his injury still completely unknown in prem. Frank managed Lamptey at Chelsea but couldn't guarentee him minutes due to Reece James coming through.

I think likes of him and Tarkowski would massively improve the backline and given one is on a free probably be 30m all in all.

Kamara would’ve been the perfect signing for us, really surprised we haven’t thrown a load of cash his way.

43 and 48 appearances in his last two seasons, only 22 years old, a proper CDM (played a lot at CB) who can play the ball. We’re desperate for that kind of player.

One thing that I’m surprised by is how Villa have spent so much in recent years without much press or discussion about it.

Last 3 seasons

21/22: Slight net spend despite £100m from Grealish sale. Additions of Digne, Ings, Buendia, Bailey, Chambers, Young, Coutinho. Must be £500-600k pw of NEW wages onto their wage bill?

20/21: Net spend of £90m
19/20: Net spend of £140m

And recently there was a league view of funds from owners in the last 5 or so years, with us and Villa having a similar amount of cash injection from owners.

Now that they’ve spent £20m on Coutinho and made him permanent, it would be impressive to see their spending continue.

We need a huge summer of rebuild to be able to keep up with them, Newcastle, Leicester, West Ham, never mind the top 6.

Also got a miles better defence. Cucurella being looked at by Man. City apparently and Lewis Dunk would walk into this team but he's their captain so no reason to leave.

Said before but I'd like to see a move for Tariq Lamptey. Patterson could be brilliant but given his injury still completely unknown in prem. Frank managed Lamptey at Chelsea but couldn't guarentee him minutes due to Reece James coming through.

I think likes of him and Tarkowski would massively improve the backline and given one is on a free probably be 30m all in all.
Cucurella not that good...lacks physicality...perhaps as a wing back ok, but not left back.

Slots in at left back or left midfield and just looks so comfortable. 15m i think he was.
Again just far superior recruiting by a club who seem to know exactly how to get value for money. The complete opposite to us.

Cucurella not that good...lacks physicality...perhaps as a wing back ok, but not left back.

I think thats his job from what ive seen. To be more attack minded but slot in to a 5 man defence when not in possession. Whatever. It works for them and potter clearly knew what he wanted when he bought him. Again, seems total contrast to Evertons transfer policy.
We need to sort this out.

We should not be going anywhere near mcneil. What's he got like 1 goal this season? He was on the bench for nearly 40 year old Lennon a lot too.

It's time to change the whole recruitment process. We need players who will improve and have potential to meet the levels of our current top players of which there's only a few. And more importantly players with good attitudes. I don't believe the likes of Gomes, Alli, Gray are those type of players.

If Frank is to be successful it won't be an overnight job. It needs to be a process with a clear vision of where we are going and how things will look in 2-3 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.