Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formations are funny though, meaningless most of the time as the personnel and style makes one 4-2-3-1 look completely different to the next.

I’m not a fan of two truly defensive midfielders in that formation, I think it’s overkill and that’s why Doucoure alongside a proper CDM would be my preference.

Personally it just seems like we don’t have any clear set of players for a recognisable style of football.

I’ve used Palace as an example before, they did a complete clear out (8 in, 8 out) and have played brilliant football at times. They’re a great example that a big style and personnel change can happen while improving.
Palace play a 4-3-3

No to Tarkowski Coady Aarons McNeil

These players are not good enough to improve us significantly and will cost a fair bit if they’re under contract.

Tarkowski is on a free.

Will do very well to source a better CB with exact profile he fits e.g. he can head the ball.

Get the feeling a few players from Old firm might be looked at...Bassey had a great game in europa final but no idea if that's his usual standard. Likes of Barisic at LB and Glen Kamara are decent experienced internationals who wouldn't cost a huge amount.

Some experience will have to be signed looking at some of the youthful wishlists in posts above.

For some reason I think Frank could be shopping at Chelsea a bit this season, he obviously knows a lot of them, I`m thinking the likes of Barkley, Loftus-Cheek and Conor Gallagher.

Rumour has it that he is keen on Levi Colwill who is on loan at Huddersfield.

With Chelsea's issues I think Gallagher will get a run in their team next season. Loftus Cheek has played a fair bit for them in last few months hasn't he. Loads of injuries aswell.....

Would stay well clear of Barkley these days...didn't do much after first 5 games in his Villa loan and again was injured for a couple of months. That would be purely sentimental move.

Probably most realistic is that Broja guy upfront...looked good for Southampton up to about March so someone with good potential who could be developed more perhaps. Chelsea sell low with decent buy back clause perhaps.

Don't think Chelsea will just sell half their team as they'll be losing a few out of contract and takeover still hasn't gone through either.

At 40 o don’t think he is worth the risk, he literally did nothing for us for 4 months and couldn’t break into the worst everyone team in loving me memory .

With his past attitude problems , with. A few different managers already trying to redsurect him, I would rather move him on and record a profit.

He is much more likely to end up in the bolasie , walcott , gomes pile ( unable to sell and on massive wages) and for that reason I’d sell
It’s very doubtful we will ever pay 40 million for him, I’d say 20 tops but if we do pay 40 it will mean he’s done unbelievably well so he’s be worth it.

I think Dom and Richy will be off this summer, both for their own ambitions and it's needed to fund a squad overhaul. 80m? 100m?

Status
Not open for further replies.