Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate joining Mina and Godfrey on the injury list isn't going to help in getting a few of our defenders shifted out the door.

Suppose we still have the option to use Mykolenko as a left sided central defender and Vinagre as wing back.

Might be a blessing in disguise because that’s what needs to happen if we’re going to continue deploying wingbacks. Love Myko but he brings absolutely nothing going forward. We’re effectively don’t have any sort if attack down the left. This team has to get some attacking options in the line lineup and and we’re handcuffing ourselves currently trying to fit these round pegs into square holes

we need to go to a 4 imagine the nxt two games leeds and the RS we can’t keep possession with a back 3
We aren't going to have any possession against them anyway, we'll sit deep and try and hit them behind their fullbacks as always. I remember the four man defence last year, it was horrendous. Switched to a 5 and we were always more solid. Just need some patience and a bit of luck whilst the players get used to the system and playing with each other.
I'd go 532
People forget how open we were last season with that formation. And now we have a rightback that is much more effecting as a wing back, it suits the midfielders as well this formation. It's the lack of quality going forward that has been our problem so far... Lack of squad depth and lack of quality.

This now becoming worrying. If Gordon is going, then he has to go now so we can sort out some other transfers of our own. I still think Gordon goes for say 60m. I still think we will go for Broja, Gallagher and Joao Pedro. Pedro 25m. Broja 30m and Gallagher on loan. I just hope it’s not all too late in the window. Oh and if Gana comes aswell that’s a good thing.

I’m just fed up now of this formation. It leaves us completely exposed in the middle. Brentford dominated us yesterday even with 5 at the back so it’s time to save that tactic for games against the top 6. The others need a good 4/3/3.

Pickford
Myko Coady Tark Patterson
Onana Gana Gallagher
Gray Broja Pedro

That to me looks a much better formation than what we have played the first two games. We just have to get out and get these players in now, no bank holiday! Get working!

I'd go 532

I have been saying this. I think that is the future if we sell Gordon. Can see us ending up with something like the below. I do feel bad about converting Iwobi to Wingback but Patterson is not ready yet. Would still be missing a lock picker

Picks
Holgate Coady Tarks
Iwobi Gana/Garner Onana McNeil
Gallagher
DCL Maupay/Pedro

Will we see the wheels in motion on any transfers today? Or is it gonna boil down to the last day of the window?

I hope we can get a couple of deals done early this week, then Thursday could be a normal day on the training pitch with new faces ready for the RS on the weekend!

I think he’s improved mate, definitely looks to be bringing that championship form to the next level up. On current form he would probably cost upwards of £40m.

Not saying I’d be prepared to pay that but it’s maybe largely due to prejudice surrounding his time at Newcastle and previous failure with Fulham a few years ago.
I too would NOT pay £40m for Mitrovic.

But my question was "how much would you like to gamble on him?" - if you reckon he's worth a look.

He's 28 in three weeks and his contract runs until 2026. The price Fulham would ask is completely out of kilter with his true value. He's not a viable target.

Holgate joining Mina and Godfrey on the injury list isn't going to help in getting a few of our defenders shifted out the door.

Suppose we still have the option to use Mykolenko as a left sided central defender and Vinagre as wing back.
McNeil can cover LWB if needed, so we can afford to shift Mykolenko into the LCB position knowing that Vinagre isn't the only option at LWB.

Anything's better than letting calamity Keane on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back