Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the injuries we need to sell Keane...not good enough.

Using Coleman/Mykolenko would be preferable in the short term if we can sell.

Theres also the loan market...

Just need him gone...with Gomes and Rondon.

….I fear the Keane boat sailed as soon as Holgate came off injured, Zat.

Lampard cannot now play 3 CBs, Keane is a liability without a RB sitting alongside.

If we keep AG, get Gana on a free/negligible amount and sign Ben Brereton Díaz does that make us stronger?
Stronger than we are right now? Yes.

But if we do keep AG I don't see where the money comes from to spend £15m(ish) on Ben Diaz.

If it were me I'd still be badgering Rennes for Martin Terrier, or at least sounding out his agent about personal terms. Should a late £60m bid come in for Gordon it would be worth knowing for certain if £35m would get us Terrier - he looks like the "Richarlison replacement" we've needed all summer IMHO, and I'd take him ahead of Ben Diaz.

Equally, at this stage I'd be content keeping AG, getting Gana on a free and Kudus on loan and scouring the Prem and the top European leagues for a striker on loan. Kudus looks like the creative player we need in the middle of the park.

If we can sell any peripheral squad players (think Allan or Gomes) then I'd like to us approach Kyiv for Tsygankov for £8m - £10m (final year of contract), but there's been no links thus far so just wishful thinking on my part.

Might be a blessing in disguise because that’s what needs to happen if we’re going to continue deploying wingbacks. Love Myko but he brings absolutely nothing going forward. We’re effectively don’t have any sort if attack down the left. This team has to get some attacking options in the line lineup and and we’re handcuffing ourselves currently trying to fit these round pegs into square holes
Been saying this all window. Really surprised Frank hasn't tried this more. Maybe this injury will force his arm and in that regard be a blessing in disguise. Feel for Holgate though as every time he starts showing a bit of form he gets injured.

Work to be done. Selling Gordon at this stage would seem far too risky.
A midfielder in who hopefully allows us to play 3 in midfield(please god) and another forward option.

Work to be done. Selling Gordon at this stage would seem far too risky.
A midfielder in who hopefully allows us to play 3 in midfield(please god) and another forward option.
I would hope the club has potential signings liked up should Chelsea come back with another high bid for Gordon. If not, we have waited too long and shouldnt sell him this window. Starting to think we will end up keeping him, tho i worry its going to bite us in the crapper unless hes able to up his game by a big margin this season.

I too would NOT pay £40m for Mitrovic.

But my question was "how much would you like to gamble on him?" - if you reckon he's worth a look.

He's 28 in three weeks and his contract runs until 2026. The price Fulham would ask is completely out of kilter with his true value. He's not a viable target.

Hi mate, i think that’s prob all fair enough, it’s a premium and with his age profile he’s prob not viable for us, especially at this point in time.

I wasn’t answering your question (I don’t think it was directed at me) I was just putting a slight argument forward for the fella but even with that I take your points. Every transfer is a gamble, he could be the next Dzeko bringing goals and longevity, equally he could be the total opposite.

Stronger than we are right now? Yes.

But if we do keep AG I don't see where the money comes from to spend £15m(ish) on Ben Diaz.

If it were me I'd still be badgering Rennes for Martin Terrier, or at least sounding out his agent about personal terms. Should a late £60m bid come in for Gordon it would be worth knowing for certain if £35m would get us Terrier - he looks like the "Richarlison replacement" we've needed all summer IMHO, and I'd take him ahead of Ben Diaz.

Equally, at this stage I'd be content keeping AG, getting Gana on a free and Kudus on loan and scouring the Prem and the top European leagues for a striker on loan. Kudus looks like the creative player we need in the middle of the park.

If we can sell any peripheral squad players (think Allan or Gomes) then I'd like to us approach Kyiv for Tsygankov for £8m - £10m (final year of contract), but there's been no links thus far so just wishful thinking on my part.
Good overview this mate….

Rennes seem to churn out quality players at an impressive rate and have been doing it for a while now. Whether it’s younger players coming through or identifying those with potential for development for recruitment.

Been saying this all window. Really surprised Frank hasn't tried this more. Maybe this injury will force his arm and in that regard be a blessing in disguise. Feel for Holgate though as every time he starts showing a bit of form he gets injured.
Got a feeling he will keep same formation and play Coleman there instead.

This now becoming worrying. If Gordon is going, then he has to go now so we can sort out some other transfers of our own. I still think Gordon goes for say 60m. I still think we will go for Broja, Gallagher and Joao Pedro. Pedro 25m. Broja 30m and Gallagher on loan. I just hope it’s not all too late in the window. Oh and if Gana comes aswell that’s a good thing.

I’m just fed up now of this formation. It leaves us completely exposed in the middle. Brentford dominated us yesterday even with 5 at the back so it’s time to save that tactic for games against the top 6. The others need a good 4/3/3.

Pickford
Myko Coady Tark Patterson
Onana Gana Gallagher
Gray Broja Pedro

That to me looks a much better formation than what we have played the first two games. We just have to get out and get these players in now, no bank holiday! Get working!

lol gallagher broja and pedro aren’t coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back