Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been occasionally checking their forum, going into pre season pretty much to a man they where all raving about Gallagher being a key player has to stay etc, now most are saying not good enough, need to move him on and nothing more than a squad player
Just typical fans really Ste. Ours would be no different.

I don't think Gallagher is a flexible player. For me he needs to play as the advanced midfielder in a 3. Whether that be a 532 or 433. If we aren't going to play either of those systems he would be just as ineffective for us.

I actually think they are the 2 formations we should be playing depending on the opposition, and we seem to be building a squad to be able to do just that.

Just typical fans really Ste. Ours would be no different.

I don't think Gallagher is a flexible player. For me he needs to play as the advanced midfielder in a 3. Whether that be a 532 or 433. If we aren't going to play either of those systems he would be just as ineffective for us.

I actually think they are the 2 formations we should be playing depending on the opposition, and we seem to be building a squad to be able to do just that.

Oh the players I'm advocating to bring in are ones I think suit 5-3-2 and moreso 4-3-3 mate.

Garner, Gallagher, Kudos - and why I liked the Maupay signing

Probably not as I don't think we're selling Gordon now. But it is a possibility if we do. Chelsea would need to change their formation to accommodate Gallagher and he's not good enough for them to do that, so I think they could be open to giving him to us on loan if it helps get the Gordon deal over the line. And Pedro is available at the right price I think.

lampards comments tell me we aren’t selling

but we’ve heard that before lol

Nah Dave I think the opposite, I think he's desperate to make it there and it's showing in he's just putting himself under so much pressure it's showing.

Combined with he's a great attacking mid, more offensive box to box type, and he's basically being asked to play in a double pivot that requires him to be super disciplined (he's not) and super technical (he's not)

So a combination of playing him in a position that magnifies his weaknesses and hides his strengths, whilst he's desperately trying to prove to the manager he's good enough. Just a car crash scenario for the lad.

If he like u think is allowed to move, it'll be us, West Ham and Palace after him.

West Ham would want him as the Rice replacement for next season, but well it's West Ham for a Chelsea lad and dithering Davie, Palace would be the best choice, but it's kinda him admitting he's failed going back there and they kinda have a ceiling and he'll know that. With us it depends if chelsea sulk about Gordon and what pull Lampard would have on a player who idolizes him.
Sabotage can easily be faked as desperation to do well. It's the perfect cover for it.

Everything you said is correct regarding his best position and the one Tuchel has asked him to take up; but that'll just reinforce Gallagher's resolve to get back to Palace.

IIRC Palace want him back too.

He might want to stay at Chelsea under vastly different circumstances but he looks like he knows the score and wants away. Those two fouls yesterday were pathetic - not many pros hand the ref two easy booking like that. The one game ban will suit him and Palace down to the ground too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back